1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Now Monta Ellis might want out.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Nov 17, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. worzel gummidge

Ellis has been complaining and wanting out ever since the Warriors fined him for the moped accident. He should've felt lucky they didn't rip up his contract. Another cancer that needs to go.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm getting really sick of these so-called star players who are perfectly willing to sign the huge contract that only their crappy team can offer and then immediately start trying to get traded. If you sign the contract, play it out.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

What a failboat that Warriors organization is.

Gotta feel for Oakland sports fans. From the Raiders to the Warriors to the A's, plenty of embarrassment to be had.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Reading the article and Monta Ellis isn't the only frustrated or angry Warriors.

Anthony Randolph also isn't pleased.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Multiple sources say that the Warriors, at coach Don Nelson's urging, have contacted other teams about trading Ellis, and it now appears likely that formal trade talks could come to fruition Thursday. Ellis and Nelson's relationship has nearly completely deteriorated, with Nelson telling Ellis, who was addressing the team in an attempt to be a leader, to 'be quiet' being the final straw. The Warriors will have just seven healthy players for Tuesday night, meaning almost all of them are worth holding right now.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33996097/ns/sports-player_news/

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

too small. i'll pass

8. roksoer

roksoer Member

monta is awesome

9. Francis 4 ever

It's like the warriors stock piled tons of talent. then signed terrible contracts. now can't get anyone to get along.

Worst managed team in the NBA.

10. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

He's better than Brooks, get it done Morey. I have faith in Adelman especially with him specialty being able to handle headcases.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't call Ellis a headcase.

If I had a coach like Don Nelson, I would want to jump ship myself. Don Nelson is an expert at alienating his players when he is seeking to get fired so he can go spends his days at Maui.

It is no coincidence that all his coaching gigs end on a real sour note.

12. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I think Don Nelson is the main problem... dont get me wrong i understand coaches are often authoritative especially from my years playing sports growing up. But the team isnt playing all that well, they brought in Stephen Curry who immediately makes Monta a bit nervous they trade Stephen Jackson and bring in Raja Bell... Monta i feel is just frustrated and doesnt know what the hell to do (even though i feel he should just suck it up and play) They're gonna trade him east i just want to see what happens after that the only person they wont be able to get equal value for if he goes is Randolph either he's gonna be a really good player or he's going to be a big bust (think kelvin cato with a shaky jumper)... but thats just my take at it and i agree they are horribly managed but i the Knicks have them beat

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Starters:
    Lowry
    Ellis
    Ariza
    Scola
    Turiaf

Reserves:
    Brooks
    Budinger
    Azubuike
    Landry
    Hayes

Deep Reserves:
    Radmanovic, Andersen

I threw Radmanovic in there as further incentive for the Warriors to do the deal.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Isn't Azubuike most likely out for the season?

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I knew he was hurt. Didn't realize it was season-ending.

Plug somebody else in for Azubuike then. He was a throw-in anyways.

16. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

No way that MOrey does the above trade

If we wait till Janruary we can have Ellis, Bell and Claxton(later two both expirings) for Tmac. I doubt Morey would bloated contracts of Maggette. We still need a big man however!

17. Asian Sensation

If Monta Ellis is a cancer I hope we get diagnosed with him. He'd fit in perfectly for us. I'd be willing to give up some major pieces just to get him ... Perhaps Brooks or Lowry, Battier, Landry etc. they're all expendable if we can get Monta's Moped.

Warriors need to fire Don Nelson. He's the true cancer.

18. Prince

Prince Member

i'd rather trade Brooks.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Do not want. The last thing this team needs is more Undersized.

20. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/42983/monta_and_nellie_clash_at_practice

As if there couldn't be any more trouble in Warrior-land, there's now ... more trouble in Warrior-land. In the preseason, Monta Ellis told reporters he couldn't play in the backcourt alongside Stephen Curry, then retracted it. That's probably better than what went down today at practice, according to the SFGate.com:

Warriors coach Don Nelson stormed out and a red-faced, frustrated Monta Ellis couldn't be consoled by teammates. So ended Thursday's practice in New York City. As the players cooled down from a practice at the Reebok Sports Club and prepared for the bus ride to the London hotel, Ellis called Nelson over to the bench. Sitting between Stephen Jackson and Acie Law, Ellis asked, "Coach, why do I get blamed for everything?" Then, the coach and player had this heated dialogue:

Nelson: "What have I ever blamed you for?"

Ellis: "For everything. Everything. People not knowing their plays. I didn't do this. I didn't do that."

Nelson directed a two-handed wave off at Ellis and left the facility. The guard yelled "That's why I won't do it. I just won't do it."

I'm sure this is all somehow Stephen Jackson's fault, and that Nellie narrowly missed being choked out. Or, to take it in another directions, that this team is so thoroughly dysfunctional that nothing means anything, and it would stand out more if perfect harmony prevailed between Ellis and Nelson. But it's pretty clear that there's some deep-seated tension between the two, stemming, it seems, from a miscommunication about how much Monta matters. It almost reads like Ellis wants Nelson to hold him accountable for everything wrong with the team, because that way he definitely matters.

Nellie, on the other hand, doesn't want to blame Monta for anything, because either 1. those aren't responsibilities he see as Ellis's or 2. he thinks the guard's doing just fine. In any case, this reminds me a lot of being 14, except I wanted to not mow the lawn, not put myself in a position to get in even more trouble. If this is Monta's way to make himself indispensable to the team, he's got a weird way of doing it.

For this specific incident, I think Ellis is to blame. But for the overall drama plight of the Warriors, Nelson is to blame. Any coach that creates such an unstable environment without addressing why he is doing it or for what cause is going to just make certain personalities eventually boil. Stephen Jackson and Ellis are two of these personalities.