1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] NBA Rank 2015

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mfastx, Sep 23, 2015.

1. kanggang

kanggang Member

I know Bogut is good, but didn't know he was better than Ty Lawson

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tristan Thompson and Demar Derozen.

Two more pretty terrible players.

Nice job ESPN

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

46-50: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13879059/nbarank-46-50

50. Al Jefferson
    49. Jabari Parker
    48. Derrick Favors
    47. Greg Monroe
    46. Dwyane Wade

Current Rockets:

277. Sam Dekker
    265. Clint Capela
    264. Jason Terry
    235. Marcus Thornton
    232. K.J. McDaniels
    165. Corey Brewer
    135. Patrick Beverley
    112. Terrence Jones
    104. Donatas Motiejunas
    94. Trevor Ariza
    67. Ty Lawson

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jabari Parker?!?!?!? This is a joke!!!

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Too high or too low?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty obviously too high. Dude played 25 games as a rookie and was...fine, I guess? I mean...12 and 5 is fine for a rookie season, but is he really better than dudes like Lawson, Rudy Gay, Ariza, Demarre Carroll, Gallinari, or Parsons?

And that's not even mentioning he's coming off an ACL tear.

7. malakas

malakas Member

well according to this list the Bucks will win 50 and make at least the second round since they got 4/5 starters at top 50....
    Yeahhhh....:cool: :rolleyes:
    Maybe. Noone knows and that's why he shouldn't have been put so high in the list. He COULD be better than Ariza and Caroll this year. Don't think Gallo yet.
    Lawson is not easy to compare because they play different positions.
    I think he will be much improved on his pnr and on ball defence tho since he's been busting his butt off trying to learn how to hedge. [And because I watched the worst player in the nba yesterday having learned to defend the pick and roll after two traning camps with the coaching staff. So at least there's plenty of learning going on in the team.]

He is explosive as before his injury from all the videos of him dunking all over the place. But because I'm paranoid and negative nancy I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes on an nba game.
    Wiggins shouldn't have been top 50 either btw. He COULD be top 50 player but that takes for granted a great leap in efficiency ,shooting and playmaking.
    This list sucks plain and simple.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Too high!

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

I didnt investigate, but I am sure this list is based on the upcoming season value and production. Jabari will have big role on an average team, so he's that high. Obviously too high, but lets not get crazy, we don't care what ESPN thinks, right? And that would explain why the deepest team in the NBA has only 3 players in top 90. Because upcoming season we'll be sharing the load and we'll be beasting as a team, not as individuals.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

41-45: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13874522/nbarank-41-45

45. Khris Middleton
    44. Andrew Wiggins
    43. Dirk Nowitzki
    42. Rudy Gobert
    41. Derrick Rose

Current Rockets:

277. Sam Dekker
    265. Clint Capela
    264. Jason Terry
    235. Marcus Thornton
    232. K.J. McDaniels
    165. Corey Brewer
    135. Patrick Beverley
    112. Terrence Jones
    104. Donatas Motiejunas
    94. Trevor Ariza
    67. Ty Lawson

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

^^^ The only one I really disagree with here is Middleton. He is insanely overrated.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Middleton is where he should be top 50. It's the rest of the list that sucks.
    He's a young wing ( the MOST devoid of talent position in the NBA) who shoots 40% from 3 and is top 3 wing defender. He is also one of the best shooters from midrange and can defend 3 positions. Top 50 means you can take them in any team in the league and he would be a starter. Which is true. Can't think of any team that he wouldn't start. [and yes if he was in the Rockets he would start over Ariza because he's better shooter and better defender].

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

At this point Dirk is not a top 50 player. His defense makes Harden's look like all 1st team and while he is still a lethal shooter he doesn't offer all that much else anymore on offense.

Also don't think Rose should be that high, but it's at least possible that his rank could come out to be ok if he somehow stays healthy.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Disagree, Middleton is like top 75 at best. Is he better than DeMarre Carroll? Parsons? He's like an Ariza type player when he played for the Wizards and shot 40% from three.

15. malakas

malakas Member

yes. He's better than Carroll and Parsons. He's top 5 sg in the league.
    He's as good as Ariza in the Wiz if Ariza didn't have Wall Gortat and Beal and was his teams' no.1 offensive option and their top defender, and maintained his efficiency. If Ariza could do that then he would be top 50 without a doubt as well.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wow. You seriously think so? Who else do you consider to be in the top 5 along with Middleton? Who played more at two for the Bucks last season was it him or Giannis? Obviously both are very very versatile players but does Middleton get more games at SG or forward?

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Harden
    Thompson
    Wade (even at his age and injuries)
    Kobe (I reluctantly put him here but the SG pool is not very deep).

Middleton really the last spot? A healthy Wes Matthews if he recovers well is better. So is Iggy (but fair enough he won't get the minutes). Beal is possibly in the mix as he's young enough to improve this year. Who else am I missing here?

18. malakas

malakas Member

It's fine if Middleton is not recognised. His game is not flashy and not many watch Bucks games.I was hoping that he would remain unknown a little longer so as to have a cheap contract- but it was in vain.
    He played SG all season. But he can also play SF in small lineups and PF in super small lineups.
    My top 5 in sg are
    Harden
    Thompson
    Wade (minus points depending on health but this year when he was healthy he was still great)
    Buttler
    Middleton

Beal can't shoot as well from 3 is always injured and is not such good defender. Oladipo is not as great defender (we are still waiting to show us his defence btw) and can't shoot well.
    This shows more than anything how dire is the situation at sg in the league. There is a void of talent. Middleton is not a star- at least if he doesn't further develop, he just became 24- but is the PERFECT third banana. Just perfect. He can be a third banana in any team in the league because he's low usage sharpshooter with amazing and versatile wing defence.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden
    Thompson
    Butler
    DeRozan
    Wade
    Green
    Korver

I would take all of them over Middleton this season. Maybe he gets better in the next year or two.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Derozan is overrated as hell, take him off that list