1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Michael Jordan jokes 6 titles more impressive than James Harden, Russ Westbrook streaks | NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The truth hurts sometimes.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mike had tons of help. Best coach ever. Ridiculously clutch bench players. He gets to talk **** I get it, but he's being his usual self. Even if someone wins more than 6 one day I guarantee that Michael Jordan will find something to gloat about.

3. cebu

cebu Member

As always, his selfishness cannot be hidden.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's really easy to say that when they've already retired and have no chance at attempting it.

And who said the main goal was a triple double? All I'm answering is MJs shade: he's accusing Westbrook of doing something that is 'easier' than the things that he achieved. However, nobody has ever done what Westbrook is doing, and 10+ have done what Jordan did.

It is in no way a fallacious argument. To be fair, yours is. Because you say other great players could do it, but they never have, and haven't really been all that close..... Therefore you use invalid reasoning to support your conclusion and say that it follows from your premise. Isn't that the definition of a fallacious argument?

Again, I'd MUCH RATHER BE JORDAN and have 6 titles. But to say that is 'harder' is plain wrong. Is it 'better'? Hell yes. But harder? No.

[also, I don't think Westbrick can ever win a championship, and I heartily dislike him as a player]

roslolian likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess MJ threw a little shade, but he was very complimentary too.

Jordan has plenty records/feats not related to scoring. His DPOY might be his most unique caveat.

RiceRockets likes this.
  6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

As always. Mj great player. Not so great person.

roslolian likes this.
  7. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I hope Harden retires winning at least 1.

fckbandwagons and RiceRockets like this.
  8. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Talk about making something out of nothing. MJ gave them both props and make a joke at the end. He’s right even though he was joking.

RiceRockets and sirbaihu like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I guess its only a headline because they have no real news. Its just tabloid talk trash . I don't even know why this is a thread. Yeah, of course the totals mean much more than individual stats. Its a team sport, not an individual man against man race for a medal. A Championship is the real accomplishment.

10. dischead

dischead Member

Depends which team earns the commissioner more money from China.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really, Tony Parker was a key player in lots of championships you really think what he has achieved is harder than anything WB or Harden have done?

There are champions every year how many people have 3 years as a triple double or 30 straight games with 30 pts?

Championships are a pretty lame way to settle arguments they are team based accomplishments not individual. Hakeem would have 10 rings and Jordan would have 1 max if Bulls had drafted Hakeem and Houston drafted MJ.

fckbandwagons and plutoblue11 like this.
  12. Pringles

Pringles Member

What are the odds that Curry will win 6 rings after all is said and done?

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really all of Russells' teammates have like 11 rings or whatever clearly winning lots of rings is easier than triple double for 3 years straight or 30 straight games of 30. Only other people are Oscar R and Wilt besides Harden and WB in history.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If he has to guard anyone to win them? 0% chance.
    If he doesn't have 4 other all-stars to ride the jocks of? 0% chane
    If the Warriors keep Durant/ Klay/ Cousins and Dray for another 4 years? Good chance.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What if an older player from the Celtics say all MJ could do is score and win championship against much weaker teams, and a terrible teammate?

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Of course 6 championships are harder, let me remind you We didn't win one in 23 years. Moral victories of wcf aint gonna cut it for Hardens legacy

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Bad logic behind your anti-Harden post:
    1) You're comparing a team ("we") to an individual (Jordan). Hence you miss #2
    2) Jordan is tied for 10th in number of rings all-time.

Robert Horry has more championships than Michael Jordan.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

lol the same people calling jordan insecure or whatever are obviously teenagers. Jordan has been this way his entire life. hes a arrogant son of a b**** and everyone knows it. Hes earned that right

RichieBanks and Mathloom like this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah but Jordan has individual records alongside championships unlike Horry... I don't mean to discredit Harden cause he is a legend and my idol, but when goat speaks you listen. Do you imagine Jordan getting blocked by Ginobli or going ice cold in elimination game? Blowing 20 points lead at halftime in g7? That's the difference. James can still get there, but didn't quite yet and it's yet to be seen

20. Bids9

Bids9 Member

I don't blame him, id do the same thing.

He's just reminding them all he's the goat

Nothing wrong with that