1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Kolb traded to Cards

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Giant9erRocket, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

Oh, he's done nothing.

I'd have to say he hasn't really had an opportunity to do anything in the league.

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

http://www.nfl.com/player/kevinkolb/2507169/gamelogs

Feast or famine for Kevin, mostly.

He's had 4 games where he was unconscious and 4 games where he stunk.

Still the only QB in NFL history to throw for 300+ yards in his first two starts, nobody does that by accident as a rookie.

5. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Still too early to call him a scrub. A more than capable QB, but his situation is very unique regarding the playing time.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As stated in the other thread, I'm very happy for Kolb. This is a dream come true. Cards lost their mind though.

Hope he does great, but if not, $20+ million will ease the pain quite well.

7. Major

Major Member

Sounds almost exactly like Matt Schaub at the time.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At the time it was way too much to give up for matt. Usually teams that give up that much end up like the texans, sucking. Look the pats they got Albert and chad without giving up anything. Previously they got moss not giving up much. Even the worst teams end up being right at some point.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

That stat is overrated.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I'm a Cardinal fan for life now...until Kolb gets released.

12. Major

Major Member

You think 1 2nd round pick is the difference between them sucking or being good? They suck for other reasons, but that trade worked out great.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Kolb back in red and white, recipe for success.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am not arguing it was a bad trade after the fact. I am saying at the time it was a bad trade. You don't see the eagles give up a bunch of picks for their QB. They just got him when his value was low. Same with the pats, they get players for like 3rd or 4th rounders. Bad teams tend to try to reach. Eventually they will make a good one like shaub.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cardinals probably got the best QB available.

If they can't keep Larry Fitzgerald happy there, they are stone-cold ****ed.

16. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

KK, will kick azz in the desert, especially in an indoor stadium. AZ Cards are my NFC team. All he has to do is get the rock to the play makers. AZ still needs an O-line.

Can't wait to see where boy Case Keenum lands in the next draft.

Go Coogs!

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Not hating I just think people read too much into those two games and not his overall resume, much like teams do with prospects and the 40 yard dash. Now I know his resume is lacking but it's nothing special either.

1. The Eagles have been a pass happy team under Reid so he is going to get plenty of chances to throw the ball when playing.

2. The NO game (first 300 yd game): The Saints pass defense was ranked 26th that season, the Eagles trailed the entire game and he threw 3 picks, 2 of which went back for scores.

3. The KC game (second 300 yd game): The Chiefs team was horrible that year and ranked 22nd in the pass.

4. The Eagles coaching staff knows how to coach quarterbacks, plain and simple. Remember when they made A.J. Feelley look like a legit starter and flipped him to the Dolphins for a second rounder only to see him come back as a back up a couple seasons later? McNabb had one of the lowest turnover ratios in the history of the league and had a great run as the QB in Philadelphia before be flipped for a couple of second rounders himself, they have Vick playing like a quarterback nobody thought he could play like and now they have raised Kolb''s value and flipped him for a former 1st rounder and future second rounder.

5. Again, the overall resume isn't impressive even if it does lack substance. Last year when he received significant time (3+ quarters of play) he went 2-3 with 7 tds, 10 total turnovers and a 73 QB rating. The only thing you could probably brag about is the Atlanta game and the completion percentage of 60.

Now I am not saying that he won't be great, I just didn't understand the hoopla surrounding him. If he ends up like Aaron Rodgers, who had to sit behind a vet several years before getting a chance then great but I just don't see the greatness everybody else does. Maybe I am wrong though.....we shall see.

18. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I love my Coogs but I think Case is going to go the coaching route. Won't he be like 45 when he graduates next year anyway?

Be a heckuva coach though, good, smart kid!

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I am happy Kolb gets the chance to start/shine...The Cardinals will be much improved and I will even predict Kolb will have monster numbers...Kolb/Fitzgerald tandem will be fun to watch...

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Who knows yet. He definitely looked good worthwhile a couple games last year, and it's not easy for anyone to be yo-yoed in the starting job.

Schaub didn't do any more than Kolb before coming here.

Obvious bust factor - David Anderson was bonkers in Cleveland and then flopped into a race for worst QB with Russell.

Too bad Arizona just lost Breaston. That handicaps him a bunch.