1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Josh Gordon faces suspension

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by bobloblaw, May 9, 2014.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great to see a guy get harsher punishment for smoking weed than knocking his girlfriend unconscious and dragging her limp body grouch a hotel lobby.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Damn it, Josh, you messed up my fantasy football plans for 4-9th rounds.:mad::mad:

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Drugs are bad, but killing people or committing acts of violence against seems to come naturally. I honestly don't think Aaron Hernandez will serve a year ban, if he beats his case.

4. ln3012

ln3012 Member

you're honestly wrong

5. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

lol i went to high school with gordon. always liked to party. guess nothing changed, even when the brown are throwing 5 mill.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

If I decided to partake in recreational drug use and then my job decided to drug test, I would be fired. This is true in most professions. Just because they are athletes, that doesn't make it any less of a business for the teams and the league. They don't want their employees taking drugs, just like corporations don't want it either.

Aside from that, the part where I have no sympathy for him is that he chooses to do it, knowing that he will be tested at some point, and that it is against the rules of the organization he is a part of. On top of that, this was his SECOND failed test.

He knows the consequences and has faced them before. Then he decides nah screw it, lets get high.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The issue is that recreational mar1juana use is not a performance enhancer. Most companies have these policies in place to regulate performance. It is a cheap supervisory regulation that cannot filter out specific employees that function while on drugs. In regulating mar1juana use the NFL is not increasing player performance, nor is it establishing a level playing field. The most they can say for the rule is that it keeps their players looking or acting like people who use mar1juana (for image purposes). However, when you are suspending star players for drug use that is rampant across the NFL it really doesn't help the league image. Better off to just keep it from the headlines.

8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Browns WR Josh Gordon was arrested in Raleigh, N.C. for DWI – driving while impaired, according to Raleigh police captain Tommy Klein.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/485499824650084352">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can't seem to catch a break. What a waste of talent.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Can't seem to catch a break?

More like he can't stay out of his own way.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Cleveland* can't seem to catch a break.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If you're close to Josh Gordon please help this kid, it's not about football anymore it's about picking up the pieces of his life.</p>&mdash; D'Qwell Jackson (@DQ52) <a href="https://twitter.com/DQ52/statuses/485503211701563392">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

he needs to hire a driver

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Looks like he's done; he's only 23 but it doesn't look good

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Get this bum out of the league already.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

yeah a suspension should be in order.

i feel bad for him.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

How dumb can you be? Cleveland should be giving him the Pacman Jones treatment and have someone assigned to him at all times, him getting behind a wheel in any state of mind with his lack of common sense is not smart.

So what will Goddell do? He was already facing one year, does this make it two? Cleveland has to be considering releasing him but man he is such a talent.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Send him to rehab to see if he can't figure it out for a year.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm not familiar with Blackmon's situation, but I would guess Gordon gets suspended indefinitely.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The real issue is this dude drive drunk. He could have killed someone easily... As we've seen multiple NFL players now do. Not that this is an NFL thing, but any policy if acceptance of such behavior only furthers the actuality that something like a DWI to an NFL player of value is more slap on the wrist than anything.

This should be simple. Drive drunk? Out of the league.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Lynch's recent dui and Stallworth's manslaughter charge say differently unfortunately.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

sad because he is so talented, he will probably get another suspension and still lead the NFL in receiving again.