1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] James Harden's frustration near boiling point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Feb 10, 2016.

1. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Well yeah, that's the way he plays. It's why people outside of Houston hate his game. But you know what, it gets us wins.

On a side note, I hate how he is so lefty dominated, I don't even remember the last time he attempted to use his right hand on finishing plays. I mean, the greats can use both hands when hitting layups. Look at Kobe or Jordan, they could dribble and finish with either hand. I feel like it's a work ethic thing.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm speechless. .

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If only we had a point guard with a history of being a great facilitator so Harden could lighten his load. Oh wait! We already have one!

Coming into the season Harden talked about playing off ball and improving his spot up shooting and then when the season started he just did what he always does, dominate the ball.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He's done it plenty of times. Smh

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

It's not like Lawson has given James Harden reason to not dominate the ball. Ty Lawson has had plenty of opportunity to show his worth, like last night's 4th quarter when Harden rested. They go down 11 with Lawson on the floor and in goes Harden replacing Thornton and Beverly for Lawson to help stop the bleeding. The first play results in an assist from Harden to Howard. Why couldn't Lawson assist Howard like that before being pulled? Lawson's timidness is annoying and it has hurt the team.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

consistent effort and demanding moreyball to make a trade will calm your frustrations

7. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Watkins is the worst writer I've ever seen hold down a dedicated writing job. Seriously, there's at least 2-3 grammar, spelling, or fact mistakes in every single article he puts out. It blows my mind, he doesn't seem to have an editor or anything.

Also, it sucks that they just brought in a dude from Dallas to be the Rockets beat. I suppose I could just stop reading them. Oh well.

8. CometsWin

I don't think you see the passive aggressive trend with Harden. Lawson has never been given an extended opportunity to run the offense. He has to give Harden a reason? How about because they suck as is? That's a good reason. They are who they are until they change the dynamics. The guy was a good offensive player until he comes here and now he falls of a cliff? Harden has had a major role in that imho. Lawson didn't forget how to play when he got off the plane. Less Harden probably makes him better defensively as well.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No he should have Moreh for a brain transplant.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fixed

11. Drogba

Drogba Member

Lawson sucks because he's garbage, it has nothing to do with James. Harden had no problem succeeding in OKC with two of the most ball dominant players in the League.

12. CometsWin

Yep, now he's a star and has to have the ball all the time. Something encouraged by McHale since the trade. McHale just gave him the reins rather than providing any structure or discipline. Now you can't put the genie back in the bottle and we see the results of this style.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Go be a Warrior fan then

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Get this man some damn help and its clear as day Dwight is holding this team back.

15. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Yes, he did. He was a 6th man and honestly should still be one. As a fan of the Rockets I support Harden. However as a basketball fan. His shot selection is horrible. J.R Smith wise. His defense is horrible, off the bench wise. Anyplayer can score 30 given 26+ FGA. (He gets credit for his FTA, not any player has the drive to get to the line the way he does.) His passing is average. When you force a teammate to shoot it with 3 seconds left and he makes it, the teammate should get the points and the assist. He turns the ball over way too much.
    Lawson isn't a top 10 PG either. However he has declined because he doesn't get a chance to get into a rhythm with the ball. You don't see the Clippers taking the ball from CP3 all game and ask him to produce on the spot when he hasn't been in a rhythm for the game.
    Keep giving Harden excuses. He will use them.

16. Nook

Nook Member

You haven't watched much basketball have you?

Go be a Warriors fan.

17. deshen

deshen Member

I like the realistic understanding on current situation.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So lets get the scenario straight here. Harden says he doesn't care about his personal numbers and the people calling hims selfish totally ignore that. Mchale admits Harden sprained his ankle in the offseason that's which was kinda swept under a rug and not talked about and says that's why Harden came into the season out of shape and Clutchfans ignores that and only pays attention to the part where he said Harden came in over weight. Harden then says "Nah, I was affected by an ankle injury, so that threw me off my natural training late in the summer or whatnot. That's no excuse, just trying to find it, brother." He also says he's frustrated and Clutchfans ignores this and only pays attention to the "Boiling Point" phrase in the title which is not an actual quote from James, lol.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dude what team are you watching?? Lawson started and was given the opportunity plenty of times HE SUCKED. Harden literally gave him the ball and Lawson did nothing but turn it over or pass it back.

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

*strip club joke*