1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] James Harden, 0-3 Rockets not sweating slow start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiracleShot, Nov 2, 2015.

1. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Didn't see it posted, lock if it already is. McHale is delusional.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14033893/james-harden-0-3-houston-rockets-not-sweating-slow-start

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14033893/james-harden-0-3-houston-rockets-not-sweating-slow-start

3. ibm

ibm Member

smh.

obviously, if we win all 82 games, we will make history and have hc throughout the playoffs.

even with thing this bad, we still could achieve a 79-3 season and make history. but the question is how.

"as good of a shooter as i am..." lol. that's harden for you. he's not getting it and he may never will.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty odd that he said teams are going to lose 3 games in a row when the Rockets didn't do that at all last year until the WCF...

Stop settling.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Was about to say the same thing.
    James doesnt give a ****. Pretty sad.
    The fire is gone.

6. malakas

malakas Member

And here I was optimistic and excited about tonight and now I read this and back to angry again.
    Even Kobe who one could say played better than Harden these last three games, Kobe who is delusional in thinking he's still a star, came out yesterday and said "I suck right now".
    Harden says it's fine no big deal we lost by 20 in 3 games. And goes out to party at a club.

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

McHale's offensive philosophy: "I HOPE my team will move the ball and they will find a way how to look good"

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he's slow and out of shape. He has reason to be worried, this isn't really a shooting slump. Its a testament to his laziness, piss-poor discipline lacking lifestyle.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep.

DD

10. roidrage

roidrage Member

Because he doesn't care about winning obviously

11. MattM

MattM Member

Another curse? Yeah I don't buy in to that and I'm sure James doesn't either but who knows?

Lil B is an idiot. His beef isn't even founded. The motion isn't exactly the same and Lil B does his "cook" ostensibly as cunnilingus. James is cookin up his opponents and getting nothing but net; no indication in James' celebration that he's muff diving.

Time for James to put some of that 200M to work and lawyer up. Not to believe the curse is real, but this dude is just a **** talker and a troll who happens to be a Warriors fan.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Laziness? It's well documented that Harden works really hard and trains hard. Discipline off the court is another issue though.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

4-12 from downtown though not ideal, is much better than 0-10.
    Go James! Go Houston Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah, I never got the vibe that Harden has work ethic issues, I mean he has improved his game tremendously every season since he has entered the league. Plus doesn't he always participate in Drew leagues and other similar competitions in the off season to play more ball.

I do get the vibe that he sometimes just doesn't give two ****s about anything, like if he gets in a slump he gets into his own head and play even worse.

16. MistaK

MistaK Member

What did you want him to say? Oh crap we lost 3 in a row, we aren't gonna be able to compete this year? I don't know about you but whenever I am competing, be it basketball or whatever and I am down big, that's exactly my thinking 'No big deal it happens, I'll get the next one'

Does it suck that the Rockets lost 3 in a row, prior to the OKC game - u bet; It was the entire team's play - everybody sucked. Collectively they shot horribly from the field. They didn't execute properly and that first game was just no effort at all. Again, new players to integrate, injuries already.Let them build chemistry, get and stay healthy (hopefully that will happen this year) and all will be good. Some of y'all need to chill.

As a very wise man once said 'this team's ceiling is THROUGH THE ROOF' - a bad start to the season doesn't change that in my opinion.

17. Space City

Space City Member

And the year before we didn't do that until March, I believe. Three game losing streaks have been incredibly rare for the Rockets lately.

18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Team doesn't shoot worth a crap in 3 games and the coach is at fault. Gotcha :rolleyes: If we lose and the shots are at a decent percentage then we can talk. This 1-3 is on the players.

I was think during the Heat game when we were ahead how we never lost 3 in a row last regular season, then the collapse... I guess it was time.

I'm giving them sometime to adjust, point guard addition is the biggest change you can make on a team. Lawson needs to feel his way on to the team as an offensive leader. He'll get there.

19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

we're a jump shooting team & there will be occasions when the shots don't fall. the D has to be there consistently, no hope for steady success without that.

Dareal can make all the GSW comparisons he likes, its their D we need to emulate.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He didn't say EVERY team or EACH team will:rolleyes:

But teams in general have 3 game skids. Strange to knit pick on that.