1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider from Chad Ford

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol at including brooks :rolleyes:

2. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

You have to include something to get something back. Brooks out of anyone doesn't fit with Adelman's system. I was surprised to see Adelman let him ISO during the last 2 minutes of last nights game. The guy hit some big shots, but lets face it, he is more in the mold of a Stephon Marbury than a Steve Nash, and that isn't going to gel with Yao or Adelman.

Hinrich fits perfectly. He will push the ball up the floor, rather than dribble it up with the intent to score or hang onto it and get the assist. And he is a defensive stopper. Brooks is a stats guy.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Actullay the only guy who doesnt fit in the rockets team period goes by the name TREVOR ARIZA

Now i have nothing against hinrich i know he plays good d but no way i replace my starting point in brooks for hinrich

and the only guy off that trade i would take is prince

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree - a no brain deal. That is what you meant, yes?

5. herro

herro Member

that trade was awful

6. SunsRocketsfan

if we do not make any trades and we have our current team as is yes I agree we need Brooks since he is our best offensive player. But if Yao comes back and you get Bosh, then we don't need Brooks scoring anymore and he becomes expendable. You then want a PG who can run plays, get others involved, play solid D, and just distribute the ball (all weaknesses of brooks) Also agree with a post above mine. you gotta give up something to get something back and out of all our players I think Brooks is someone the Raps would be interested in because he is young and can still improve.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

ok great but where in his trade idea do u SEE US GETTING CHRIS BOSH? :confused:

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

BWHAHAHAHAHAH

DIDI JUST READ A SHANE + SCOLA PACKAGE MAKES MORE SENSE THAN BYNUMN

BWAHHAHAAH

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sigh, I guess I just, sigh, didn't feel like doing the research. I was speaking more in the spirit of ESPN and how they constantly hero-worship the Lakers (Kobe's broken finger! Kobe's back spasms! never mind the fact that Kobe got 17 out of 21 games at home to start the season!) as opposed to, sigh, the specifics of those sportscasters.

So I listened to some of this Bill Simmons-Chad Ford podcast on ESPN. Naturally they talk about this Bosh-Bynum "possibility". Granted, Ford was more of the proponent, although I'll give him props that he said Bosh would more likely elect (all things being equal, hypothetical) to go to Houston or Miami rather than the Lakers ("Bosh is more of a low-key guy, doesn't go for the glamour, etc etc"). And so the Lakers should trade for him now.

Which doesn't change the fact that Simmons didn't say, "HEY, let's talk Houston-Toronto rumor". Maybe he did that last week on a different podcast, but again, this is just the spirit of sportscasters. All Lakers, all the time. That's where the ratings are.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sure does. Bynum is a misfit in Toronto, and on that team. Scola and Shane fit like gloves. Jr Colangelo should get DM the GM on the line and work out the details. This presupposes, of course, the belief Bosh will reup in H-Town.

Andersen and Cook, Banks and in the pkg.

Look at the starless Rox and look at the Raptor mess. Hedo might actually turn into a good signing with this deal. Jose can you see him protected on the court?!!

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Alright, so instead of trading Bosh for a 22 year old 7'0 Center, who is signed to a long term contract and putting up 20/10 before Gasol returned from injury, who fits like a glove next to Bargs, is one hell of a rebounder and a good post defender.

They should trade Bosh for a 29 year old expiring player and Battier?

Hmm i see where you are coming from.

Another case of "Lets trade our rubbish for some stars!"

Right.

12. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Its not about the Lakers. Its about the best team in the league. Its about arguably the best player in the league( saying this even though I HATE him ) and probably top 10 all time. Why should they not get more coverage than say a middle of the pack Rockets team with no real superstar draw. ESPN is a business after all. Do you blame them for trying to make money?

With that said, I listen to every Simmons pod and he definitely HATES the Lakers. He is really good friends with Morey and he always tries to talk up Houston( esp Landry, Brooks, and Morey's GM ability ). Here is roughly what he said during this very pod with Ford: "So, heres another trade because I'm all about making Morey's team better".

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

sorry, I don't get it. Toronto isn't gonna win in the East with Scola, Shane, Calderon, and Hedo. They'd end up blowing that up quickly since the players (esp. the ones they're getting from Houston) are aging/expiring.

Plus, Bynum would draw fans. He has potential.. gotta think about revenue.

And yeah, they could build around him. He may not fit perfectly with the run and gun team, but they could try and retool around the 22 year old rather than seeing if they can put together a group of guys to grab a 6 seed and get knocked out in the 1st round 2 years in a row...followed by blowing it up.

14. herro

herro Member

pretty sure our Bosh chances are nil

pretty sure we won't take on dalembert

who should we drag out of Washington?

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Rubbish? Oh! contraire. The point you are missing IMHO is fit. The 7 footer will not fit in either the team or town culture. The rubbish will fit seamlessly and give Raps winning culture. This isn't rotoball, it's real.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Junior Colangelo is a one-trick pony; he wants to be the Nash/D'Antoni Suns. He is stubborn, resolute. And it ain't working. And he ain't changing.

Is Bynum a young studly? No doubt. He'd fit like a glove in Miami. Or Charlotte. Sactown. But not Toronto.

A package starting with Scola and Shane and their remaining pieces isn't ready to knock off the East's Big 4, but they'd be #5 and have a puncher's chance against any of them.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think the rub is in your last line. You think that team has a puncher's chance against any of the top 4 in the East. I think they're a 1st round sweep (in the bad way) after the trade.

18. dexkk

dexkk Member

I disagree, Bynum would fit perfectly in Toronto. A big presence down low with a lanky 3pt shooting pf in Bargaini.

19. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Whats the seat? I will bring you a beer next game.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Maybe you're right, but I don't think so. I believe I am.