1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN Insider Article) Clint Capela could be steal of 2014 draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Horry33, Jun 26, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Some of us do like role players too, but to say he is the steal of the draft is too much IMO. If he proves me wrong, I will be delighted.

2. MichaelG281713

Don't worry OP, this is a damn good thread. It's completely relevant.

This is one of only a few I can say that about.

People keep bumping their own Kevin Love posts, even though it's incredibly clear he will never be a Rocket. They'd rather talk about that, as opposed to something meaningful, like the teams first round draft pick.

I think the kid will be a valuable piece down the line, if not right away. He has value right now as a tradable asset. And, if we keep him, in a season or two, he'll be helping Dwight block a lot of shots.

Great value at the 25th spot. Will be better than T. Jones. And I'm fairly high on Jones.

1 person likes this.
  3. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

In Morey we trust.

4. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

It seems like a lot of people are hung up on the title of the article that said "Clint Capela could be steal of the draft." But that's just the title ESPN gave it even before the draft and its only purpose is to attract attention so that people click on the article. But what I'm more excited about is the content of the article which gives me hope that Morey made another good pick.

#44 Horry33, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I heard one of the analysts say he was a wasted pick, said if you ever saw him play you would understand.

Very unusual for an analyst to come out and say a guy is outright bad in public.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

True. But the guy has literally no offense other than help from Chris Paul w/ alley oops. If the Rockets want to draft a guy to play D...then it's all good, but i don't see him as offensive threat shooting worst than Dwight at the line. And this team can't afford someone that can't shoot the ball because of the style we play. There is a reason they're getting rid of Asik....dude suck in offense. At least Dwight and Shaq has post game or else, they won't be getting a lot of minutes either for playing just D...see Chuck Hayes lol.

7. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

The reason we're getting rid of Asik is to free up cap space. Every Rockets fan in the world would love to have Asik as a back up if it came at a more affordable cost for a typical back up center. Many would even be okay with paying him what he makes to back up Dwight. Rim protectors don't grow on trees.

Your logic is illogical.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I wish we could create a filter for this overused phrase.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So Shaq wasn't worthy of a lottery pick because he couldn't shoot FTs? Do you realized how stupid that sounds, to say a guy can't be a steal because of FT shooting

10. RocksMillenium

You do realize that Patrick Ewing wasn't truly an offensive threat coming out of college right? A lot of guys developed into offensive players. As far as getting rid of Asik because of his offense, wow do you really believe that? I'm kind of guessing they got rid of him because of Dwight Howard, if Howard hadn't come the Rockets would have gladly have kept Asik. Fans are the ones obsessed with offense and dunks. On a side note, saying Dwight and Shaq wouldn't be getting alot of minutes either for simply playing defense, um, Dikembe Mutombo? Dennis Rodman? Ben Wallace? Horace Grant? They did just find without consistent low post games.

11. RocksMillenium

They said the same thing about Yao Ming. In fact, I remember someone going up to Rick Barry and saying that. Barry didn't hear the question, so he started ripping into the people calling Yao a wasted pick and that he would be a good player. Made the reporter look bad, but I have seen it before.