1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Howard destinations, Houston mentioned as facilitator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2012.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Lee is restricted. We can keep him if we want to, but we would essentially have to give the possibility of handing out a max contract to do so.

2. joesr

joesr Member

And then to the rest of the league, Stern would be seen as favoring the Lakers. You all need to chill with Stern if that's your only conclusion because honestly its a lame sorry excuse.

With the current trade the NOH got, they get an asset in Kaman or a huge expiring. Both good. And a top prospect with bird rights on Gordon.

If our trade went down, they would have no expiring thus wouldnt be ready for selling which is the MAIN FOCUS.

3. TebowTime

TebowTime Member

Well none of this trade talks matter if Turkoglu isn't involved. I'm certain he's gonna be apart of any trade involving Dwight

4. joesr

joesr Member

But with Martin still he would not want to be here. On top of that, the more money he is offered the less of a chance we resign him. You wouldnt pay a man 6-7 mil a year to play back up, would you?

And lastly, dont need a disgruntled player.

5. rockbox

I don't give a damn about the rest of the league or the Hornets. I care about the Rockets. He should have stopped the talks from the beginning instead of screwing us over by making us alienate our players.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you had a seperate deal bringing home another stud like Deron Williams, I think you have to do this deal.

7. rockbox

What's your point? My point is if we want to keep Lee, we can. We would just have to give up the possibility of handing out a max contract.

If we do this deal, it becomes harder to let him go for any price because we wouldn't have any 2 guard on contract. We would have to blow at least part of our max cap to get a SG. The only player available next year worth getting is Gordon, which would require the max. Even then NO could match and we would be screwed because it would force us to match any offer Lee gets.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why do all these hypothetical trades by ESPN have us getting *****ed in the *ss while lakers get dwight, scola and jnelly?

9. rockbox

This is the only way I would do the deal. There would have to be another deal for a max type player before the end of the season. That way we would have some MLE money to fill in holes, and we would maintain our bird rights to Dragic, Lee, and Hill.

10. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Try to hold out for something better but I think they should say yes. Rockets would be getting a huge upgrade at PF and save some money. For those saying Pau is to soft to play here needs to grow up. Scola may not whine as much but his flopping, rebounding issues, and having no ability to take over any game makes him softer than Gasol.

Chandler Parsons should not be the deal breaker in any trade getting an all-star. Chandler is a glue guy drafted in the second round. It took Morey one year to replace Battier. I am confidant he can find another replacement.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With the magic getting as much as they are for dwight in this trade idea they should hold they're breath on trying to push hedo on the lakers or the rox.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I actually don't mind this! Barnes is a punk but he would bring toughness that we lack. And even better, he could play his way out of the rotation to make room for Morris. Giving Dragic up would be the hardest thing though!

Lowry/Flynn
    Lee/Bud
    Morris/Barnes
    Gasol/Pat
    Daly/Hill

I like it

13. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

i just hate to see Dragic go cuz he's equally effective as Lowry... give them Flynn plus 2nd rounder.

14. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

wtf, we are not shipping out Dragic and Parsons just to take back Barnes and worthless Lakers pick.

15. joesr

joesr Member

Dude D is gonna land a better position somewhere else, might as well be used as a sweetener in a deal and get a pick if can instead of using one.

16. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Wtf is this trade it's pure bull****. Why is everyone exited by Gasol? I'd rather keep K-Mart than him even though he sucked the last few games. Gasol is soft, is starting to get old and past his prime. He is a legit 2nd option no more. I'd rather keep Scola as a 4 at lower price than Gasol. Get this **** outta here.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly right!

We WERE willing to part with Dragic/Martin/Scola for Gasol - now I'd think Morey might be willing to part with Dragic/Scola + expirings.

The potential gain (Nene/Hayes) is not there, so clearing Martin's salary isn't worth it now.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea so we help give LA the premiere big man in the game? Like Gasol makes us any more of a contender? He is not a franchise player.

19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Dragon to Orlando? Who is our backup point guard if that happen?

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So Rockets are essentially helping LA to the Championship. No thanks.

Do a straight up with the Magic. Scola + Martin + Dally + NY Pick + filler for Dwight and Hedo.