1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]: Hollinger's Most Improved (Updated)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

thomas and maggette aren't ones that has class. rafer practiced on things he needed to work on, but he just couldn't get better. thomas, lied to suns, saying, i don't care about money, but went to clippers for the mid level exception. dunleavy is stubborn, like jvg, and look to see if they have another fight again.

2. devin23

devin23 Member

Celtic's should be #1 only because they sucked so badly last year. Sure they have 3 all-stars, but it takes 5 not 3 esp if you want to win vs the west. Rocks still #1 for me. Celtic have no bench, their pg and center are obsolete. They should be thankful they are in the west.

3. momosworld

momosworld Member

What are you doing posting that in the this Random Trade Proposal Thread? Oh never mind this was about the Hollinger article. I got confused by reading the last page and a hlaf of posts. My bad... Continue on... Why didn't we trade Rafer for KG? :rolleyes:

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

wow, celts got kg - so what - they still arent anything... i take that back, in the horrendous east, they may win the right to get spanked in the finals by the west - thats about it.
    as far as any trades for us - no thanks! I say we stay pat on anything that may affect our regular rotation. That said, raefer, jl III are just dead weight that we should move for an expiring contract or somethin - but quit shippin Battier out - no reason for it.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the celtics should at the minimum double their win total from last season, and considering the east, the minimum would be underwhelming. they went from nothing to pulling ray allen and kevin garnett. i don't like their team to win a ring because of their lack of anything else but they're atleast significant again which is good enough to lead this list.

the rockets won 52 games last year and improved the team considerably without losing much of anything from the previous year. mike james, steve francis, luis scola, aaron brooks, and you can say bonzi wells, while giving up juwan howard. that's pretty amazing. but since we're not likely to double 52 wins i have no problem with being ranked # 2.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I mentioned the trade for Corey maggatte a week ago. as highlyunlikely as the trade would be, consider this that if knight dosent sign there, there left with only cassell as there only PG. if we give them rafer and snyder, it might make them think. dont know if it wll entice them, but it should make them think.

7. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Interesting how highly Hollinger and others at ESPN keep rating Butler. I wonder what he will show us during the preseason.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

2 years ago, Butler was a key part of the Knicks rotation. ok we know the knicks are a joke, but he was playing pretty good. certianly good enough to bring the spurs attention.

What i like is he's low post offensive game.he has soft hands around the rim. you wont see alot of passes fumbeled. however he's defense is'nt great. he is a strictly low post scorer.

9. Coca Cola Scola

We won't be able to double our win total...but, we might add 1 and then triple or even quadruple that one to the number of more rounds we win. :eek: The Celtics improved the most. They got: KG and Ray Allen. Dam that's a big score. It's just that we were further along to begin with so we'll be stronger...we just completely remade our infrastructure. They did too, but they just have the concrete and some walls.....Our house is almost dam complete except for maybe a Jeff Foster brick away.

10. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Hell Yeah!! I cant wait for this season to start

11. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

As much as I HATE Dallas, I must say...this really hits home with my Texas pride. It'd be sweet to see the top 3 teams in the West be Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. :)

12. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

nice to see we are getting some respect ....I think with one more addtion wwe will be playing in the finals...CANT wait till the seaosn starts!!!