1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN hires Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 30, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...egame-show-sec-nation-additional-espn-duties/

Former Florida quarterback and Heisman winner, Tim Tebow, has been hired as a college football analyst for the SEC Network launching in August 2014. Through a multi-year agreement, Tebow’s primary role will be as an analyst for SEC Nation, the network’s traveling pregame show that will originate from a different SEC campus each week beginning August 28, 2014. In the months leading up to launch and after, he will contribute to a variety of ESPN platforms including SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, and the network’s Heisman Trophy coverage, offering in-depth perspective as a legendary Southeastern Conference player.

On Monday, Jan. 6, Tebow will make his first appearance as an ESPN analyst during pregame coverage of the 2013 VIZIO BCS National Championship. He will contribute to the 9 a.m. ET edition of SportsCenter, College Football Live (3 p.m.) and College GameDay Built by The Home Depot (7 p.m.). He will also be part of studio coverage for the new College Football Playoff (semifinals and championship game), which begins next season.

Tebow is the first college football analyst hired for the SEC Network. He joins a commentating roster that includes Joe Tessitore, host of SEC Nation, and Paul Finebaum, host of The Paul Finebaum radio show.

“Tim is a SEC icon with a national fan base and broad appeal. He will be a significant contributor to the compelling content we will deliver with the SEC Network,” said Justin Connolly, ESPN senior vice president, programming, college networks. “Tim brings a wealth of knowledge about the game, the conference and the passion among SEC fans.”

“I am so excited that ESPN has given me this incredible opportunity,” said Tebow. “When I was six years old I fell in love with the game of football, and while I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC.”

Tebow and Tessitore’s first SEC Nation show will air from Columbia, S.C., Thursday, Aug. 28, for the Texas A&M at South Carolina game. The game will be televised exclusively on the network. The show’s two-hour (10 a.m. – noon) Saturday debut will be August 30 from Auburn, Ala., when Arkansas visits Auburn. SEC Nation will air every Saturday throughout the SEC college football season and offer an immersive look at game day around SEC campuses.

“SEC Nation will be a tent pole program for the network and as a recent SEC star, Tim Tebow was the ideal candidate to deliver first-hand insight into the coaches, players and programs,” said Stephanie Druley, vice president production, college networks.

Tebow’s role with ESPN will not preclude him from continuing to pursue playing opportunities in the NFL.

2. YaosDirtyStache

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zMK9FKMG3Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HE shattered the MOLD.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I think the the NFL offense has evolved in at least two ways, but clearly is not yet ready to support the all he does is win qb's. Tebow laid the groundwork for success, was money bank for Denver, was loved by a mass, and still was sold at the first chance. Doesn't bold well for these type of qb who remain in a volatile ring of fire and sit on a tetonic plate. Vince Young in similar fashion was tossed aside on three different occassions for a pro style qb. But change seems to be in their favor. First, the all he does is win qb's have been given an opportunity. Even those qb like Tebow who have demonstrated minimal accuracy. There was a time when the unothodox Heisman qb's would not even get drafted, or be given a shot, yet lately they have gotten on the field. and that includes Keenam who didn't fit the mold either. Second, the spread offense and college offenses have been working their way into the NFL and gained a little traction. The option has yet to really soak in, but think only a matter of time. So there has been some evolution, which I personally am glad to see, perhaps some systemic evolution, but the NFL is not ready for Tebow yet and I think that was made obvious by both the Broncos, Jets, and remainder of the NFL fast track.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Only feedback here is that the option will never catch on in the NFL, front seven are too damn fast and the DCs are streets ahead. Could you even get multiple QBs fast enough to run option and still patient/smart enough to be conventional passers when behind or in a two minute drill?