1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Golden Warrior ignoring Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes and no.

D-rock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He got us.

We are playing at a high level. Stevie thinks we don't have another gear.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It's certainly possible the Warriors can just switch it on when they need to but people never seem to account enough for how much mileage a championship/finalist team gets. If the Warriors seem to be slacking, it quite possible they're just plain running out of gas because they've been stomping on everyone since 2014.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Generally speaking, look at why four-peteing is so hard. Ok, technically speaking if the warriors won this year it would only really be a back to back, but that's because they had a freak injury, Draymond got suspended AND somehow found a way to give up a 3-1 lead in the finals. I think it's fair to treat this like a team that has three-pete team going for the fourth. Why did Shaq and the Super Lakers struggle against Detroit? Generally, why do teams struggle to fourpete? It's hard.

Furthermore, I keep hearing about this extra gear the warriors have, all assuming Houston doesn't have one either. I've seen the Rockets lock down in the fourth and play hard nosed defense while still playing good offense. Hell, the only game I saw in person this season (with @Top_Five ) the rockets did just that to the Blazers. Who says they can't do that for a bit longer in the playoffs? Are the Rockets going to pitch a shutout against GSW? No. But all this doubt cast on this team is hilarious.

don grahamleone, D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's not really that hilarious or incomprehensible. We absolutely should be doubted given that we haven't proven anything at all outside the regular season. Think about it...

- Playoffs are a legitimately different beast than the regular season
    - MDA has never made it to the finals
    - Harden has had a few atrocious flameouts in elimination games
    - CP3 has notoriously never made it past the 2nd round
    - GSW are champions and roflstomped the playoffs last season and have the same team this season

Until we show otherwise, the doubt is extremely well-deserved. The real question however, is why do you care as a Rockets fan? So what if they doubt us? That shouldn't change your opinion or my opinion on how good the team is. Let people doubt. Let actions speak. That's all.

#85 chenjy9, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    dragonwill, saleem, SWTsig and 4 others like this.
  6. Nero

Nero Member

You're right, it's reckless. But, look at the remaining schedule, and tell me which games you think the Rockets will lose. Obviously we can't account for slumps and things of that nature, so I am only taking into account how the team is playing on their current 10-game winning streak (soon to reach 15 games). Seriously, which games do you see on the schedule the rest of the way look like losses? I see 4, maybe 5, at most 6 games on the remaining schedule.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Lol yeah Curry = Paul. Didn’t know a players value was measured strictly by MVP trophies. Steve Nash must be a top 20 player all time then and certainly better than Olajuwon.

Curry and Paul are equally dangerous. One more so as a shooter, the other more so as an orchestrator.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Paul is a better player clearly...Curry has a longer range and quicker release but can not pass as well as cp3.
    Paul is also 2 way player...and curry is a weak link on defense

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Let me break it down for you guys:

They ain't even that good

Invisible Fan and Killatron 2000 like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Defense only matters when you’re talking about Harden. When it’s Curry it doesn’t mean anything because #narratives.

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

you obviously worship Curry's elite shooting status. Yes Curry is probably the best shooter I've ever seen. So what?

CP3 is probably the best or one of the BEST PGs to every play. I'll take CP3 over Curry ALWAYS. CP3 is the true stud here....and no..not being a homer.

We are incredibly blessed to have CP3 and Harden on the Rockets. These 2 will wreak havoc on the Warriors (health withstanding).

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I know this has become a "mantra" running joke of some sort on here....but I seriously believe the Warriors ain't that good compared to what the Rockets can do.

Rockets are better this year and I hope it translates according to that natural order in the postseason.

Plowman, hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not sure what winning an argument about sho is better does in February. That brings me no satisfaction. They could end up with the 6th best record in the West and win it all. At that point no one is going to say "but back in February, the Rockets were better".

15. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I don’t think they’re a lock to win a championship. Just like the Rockets are a not a lock. The odds do favor Golden State but playoffs are about matchups. That would be interesting if Golden State ended up number 2 in the West 7 game series against Portland or Denver. Then they may have to meet the Thunder in a 7 game series in the second round before they get to the western conference finals. That’s brutal right there alone. Then a 7 game series against hopefully the deepest team in the league. That’s a pretty daunting task. I just hope MDA will learn how to utilize his bench in the playoffs.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

last year the teams finished as predicted, spurs 2nd made the CF, then Cleveland made the finals against them, again.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By that logic the Cavs would have won the first series since they were without Love and Irving.

18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

We also have to rememeber they're tired of being asked dumb ass questions everyday and dealing with journalists they can't ignore.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Some bulletin board material from the Warriors owner

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

hakeem94 likes this.