1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] GM Survey - Deron Williams Best PG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BDswangHTX, Oct 7, 2010.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

don't know if you noticed, but..

I'm pretty sure the other 40% is Chris Paul. I agree though, about time.

2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Deron Willimas would use his size more in the post he would be unstoppable. There would be no question who the best PG is. Looks like someone needs to go work out with Hakeem "Master Splinter" Olajuwon.

If Hakeem is Master Splinter, Dwight is Donatello, and Patrick Ewing is Metal Head would that make D. Will Casey Jones?

4. Tesla

Tesla Member

A healthy Chris Paul is easily better, and it isn't even close. All of the advanced stats are in favor of Paul and Paul has been able to do better with lesser teams. I'd take Paul over Williams any day.

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

*yawn* get back to me when he wins something besides an ass-kicking in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Williams has helped take his team further than paul ever has and really williams is the better PG...paul puts up amazing stats in a system skewed to PG play...there is a reason why Collison put up ridiculous stats last year when Paul went down. Paul is a great player no doubt but I'd take Williams on my team and would easily build around Williams all day.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i noticed in one of the three threads already going about this survey....can we just get an official thread going? This can't be the last one...

8. Tesla

Tesla Member

The Jazz offense isn't tailored for PGs? Then how come the motion offense they use features mostly back screens, pick 'n rolls, flares, etc., with Williams orchestrating? Williams usage rating is similar to Paul, but he has never had stats nearly as impressive. Boozer is/was just as effective as David West, perhaps more so, at working with a PG. The Jazz also have had quite a few shooters that flare out and space the floor and good, athletic finishers. I believe Paul would do better in the Jazz system than Williams.

1 person likes this.
  9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

because williams is the best orchestrator. the dude is VERY versatile. didn't he play SF in college?? though paul is very effective at pick and rolls and coming off screens, I don't think it his stats would be superior if he were on the Jazz instead of williams.

10. pli777

pli777 Member

Derrick Rose could probably challenge that this season. I really like his game.

11. Tesla

Tesla Member

Paul is easily just as good of an orchestrator as Williams and is better at getting into the lane and forcing the defense to collapse.

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

i second that

but for now i would take williams, very versatile and a better offensive player and can gaurd the bigger points and some 2's

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Deron Williams is the best PG in the game, that is for sure

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

a healthy chris paul is a top 5 player, and the best PG in the game. but he's coming off an injury so deron is #1 right now.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As good as Paul and Williams both are and as crazy as this sounds, I cant help but feel they are both still a tier below where an NBA best point guard should be. Isiah Thomas, Magic, Stockton, etc...

16. Francis 4 ever

No love for nash?

He lead that meh team to wcfs no?

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Derrick Rose would truly be the best PG in the game right now if he had a decent 3pt game...

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

And thats with the current league GEARED toward guard play.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Chris Paul reminds me of Kevin Garnett.

He does everything you could possibly expect from a player in his position but people still aren't satisfied, as if Deron Williams or Tim Duncan could take those awful teams to the finals. :rolleyes:

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

yeah, those meh teams with all those all-stars