1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Durant signs 60 Million Contract with Nike

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pringles, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

link

I hope his shoes aint 130 dollars like lebrons...

2. khimmatramka16

wow its nice to see someone who didn't go for the higher money.. i dunno but its nice to see that

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

So, THAT'S how you get rich.. :p

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I bet Goodwin uncorked a bottle of his finest for this one since he's gonna get paid for this deal.

As far as the pricing on his shoes, Durant's been pretty vocal about keeping his shoe affordable. The best thing Nike is doing is that they won't release a signature shoe until AFTER his rookie year (i.e. to gauge his marketability and star power).

5. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

Don't know if that would be a smart move by Nike. I would actually market and use the heck out of him ASAP while his rookie star-power is still shining. Who knows, what if he sucks by the end of the season and isn't as marketable as right now? He might not have a great summer league performance but he's still touted as the guy with the most potential in this deep draft.

6. JD317²

JD317² Member

I would've gone with adidas..
    not just for the money but i wouldn't want to do anything with Lechoke.. and how he bashes adidas.

7. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I like the idea of the mid-priced shoe. I think he is going to be extremely popular. Those shoes will sell like crazy much like the moderately priced Nintendo Wii outsells the higher priced consoles.

8. vincentt

vincentt Member

well said

9. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

When did he bash Adidas?

10. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Too bad he went with Nike. Otherwise, I probably would have bought some Kevin Durant kicks. One of a zillion reasons not to buy Nike below. Old news, but one that still bothers me.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/2005/06/28

Nike Pulls Major Threat Ad, Issues Apology
    On Thursday, we reported that Nike Skateboarding used a classic Minor Threat album cover for its "Major Threat" 2005 East Coast Tour posters without asking permission. Much had been heard from the justifiably angry Dischord Records camp, including former Minor Threat frontman and label co-founder Ian MacKaye, who expressed his outrage towards the sneaker conglomerate. Nike had remained oddly silent until yesterday, when it issued a formal apology to both Dischord and Minor Threat.

In its letter of mea culpa, Nike Skateboarding states, "Because of the album's strong imagery, and because our East Coast tour ends in Washington DC, we felt it was a perfect fit. This was a poor judgment call and should not have been executed without consulting Minor Threat and Dischord Records." The letter also says that the advertising agencies Wieden & Kennedy and Odopod should not share blame for the poster image. Furthermore, Nike Skateboarding has removed all print and digital flyers for the tour bearing the Minor Threat image.

In an attempt to make peace with the legendary hardcore band, the letter extends this olive branch: "All of the Nike employees responsible for the creation of the tour flyer are fans of both Minor Threat and Dischord records [sic] and have nothing but respect for both." See guys, it was a case of idol worship gone terribly wrong! Nike is totally down with underground music and skate culture.

It is unclear whether Dischord will pursue future action against Nike. No responses to the letter have been made by MacKaye or anyone else at Dischord.

11. JD317²

JD317² Member

during the playoffs, lebron had that MINOR ankle sprain and some reporter asked him what would've happened if he were wearing adidas and Lechoke said "oh i probably would've broken my ankle or something"

12. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

wah wah

13. Omer

Omer Member

That hoe, sold out to Nike.

Could've been on adidas, they already have T-Mac and KG, he's like both of them in one.

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Vick has a new shoes that is due out at the end of August. it is suppose to look like the Jordan III's. Stores are debating if they should carry them or not.

15. AMD

AMD Member

I don't mean to get off topic but I can't start threads on here and I think someone should start one where we can pick our 12 players for the USA team out of the 17 trying out.

Players Trying Out:

1. Carmelo Anthony-(Nuggets)
    2. Shane Battier-(Rockets)
    3. Chauncey Billups-(Pistons)
    4. Chris Bosh-(Raptors)
    5. Kobe Bryant-(Lakers)
    6. Tyson Chandler-(Hornets)
    7. Kevin Durant-(Sonics)
    8. Kirk Hinrich-(Bulls)
    9. Dwight Howard-(Magic)
    10. Lebron James-(Cavs)
    11. Jason Kidd-(Nets)
    12. Mike Miller-(Grizzlies)
    13. Tayshaun Prince-(Pistons)
    14. Michael Redd-(Bucks)
    15. J.J. Redick-(Magic)
    16. Amare Stoudemire-(Suns)
    17. Deron Williams-(Jazz)

What do you think?

Could someone please start a thread. I would really appreciate it and again, I'm sorry for going way off topic.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

reports say you can get the shoes in collie, cocker spaniel, or poodle...

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol 8th grade!!!! what the heck did they do, give him a few swingmen jersey back then?

18. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Haha, good job by Durant. He doesn't care about the money, because he is a NIke man.