1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN: Donatas Motiejunas won't report to Rockets cause of $6M difference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gorki, Dec 7, 2016.

1. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Good try. You said it would cost almost $12-16m to get the guaranty date changed. The first year is $8.3m and the rockets own 3 team options, can trade dmo in the summer without his consent, and moved back the options including the one that would have guaranteed him another $8m in march.

Btw, in response to your comment to me in an earlier post, I previously listed about 10 or so reasonable how bj had blown it. This contract is proof. Everyone is laughing at bj.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  2. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

lol @ basketballholic. What a complete joke.

jevjnd likes this.
  3. craguin

craguin Member

#643 craguin, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

jevjnd likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

7. basketballholic

I said he's not losing a nickel of $4.4 million and $7 million. I also said he wasn't going to be fined for not showing up for his physical. I also said 3/45 to 4/60 was discussed this summer with different options and guarantees. I also said he would wind up with more guaranteed money when they renegotiated. I also said they SHOULD negotiate a deal starting at around $16 million guaranteed in the first year. I also said 12-16 million guaranteed first year would likely get a deal done to move the guarantee dates.

But I didn't say what you say I said.

We still haven't seen the that finality of that contract here. I will be surprised if there is not more here than what we've been told as of now. I'll be surprised if there's not at least close to $10 million or more guaranteed first year. I'll be surprised if this deal goes on the books the way it has been leaked so far.

Haymitch likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Holic should really familiarize himself with Occam's Razor. Sometimes there isn't a million backdoor inner workings happening that goes against what everybody's saying. Sometimes it's just exactly what it looks like, and in this case it was exactly what it looked like. BJ Armstrong made a bad deal. End of story.

topfive likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You're right. Misquote by me. My bad.

topfive likes this.