1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN.COM] Amare Contemplated Retirement

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nice Rollin, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Amare looked terrible and if he stays that way then phoenix is in cap hell for years to come. Well, maybe Isiah Thomas will bail them out at some point but still this really blows for Phoenix.

3. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Even if he gets back to 100% by start of the season. Will he stay healthy through the whole season and into the postseason :confused:

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I really feel for the guy, it would be a sad day for all NBA fans if we lose yet another potentially all-time great.

I wish for his full recovery...

5. Asian Sensation

Man it looks like he dropped so much muscle mass. He looked like a 6'10 Luther Head out there specially with the thicker stache.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

7. Nice Rollin

8. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Oh come on, everyone wouldve laughed in that situation. Yao's consistently owned Amare even when healthy so its not a biggy. In the end, we got the better guy.

10. awo86

awo86 Rookie

man i remember this game...tats when i started to be really pissed at amare, and hate him especally since they're competing for ROY.

but i kinda have to agree that YAO is slightly laughable at the beginning of his career. It is disrespectful on the part of amare, but understandable.

You know for all the crap hes been through i think he deserved to be sympathzed.

Though I am also happy to claim as I always have that the suns are DEFINITELY gonna be beaten by us in the playoffs.

11. awo86

awo86 Rookie

also made me sad since I recently had surgery on my knee as well, and I know the feeling of no being able to go out and play like you used to.

Granted, my level is at a laughable level :D

12. Nice Rollin

i agree. whether its amare or jason kapono.....anyone wouldve laughed at that. Yao will beast amare anyways one on one. when nash is gone amare will go back to 15 points a game...

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Are you telling me if you were playing basketball with your friends and one of your friends get crossed that badly you wouldn't bust out laughing?

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Personally, I don't care that Amare laughed at Yao getting crossed over. It's a natural reaction. But the fact that he said that it was his favorite moment of his rookie year (over winning rookie of the year and other personal moments) just showed what kind of guy he was. Very uncool.

15. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

another career is cut short

but seriously, did anyone expect his career to last long???

dude tried to dunk EVERY time he had a chance, that was bound to take a toll

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The punk punked the punk Phoenix Suns owner.

Amare - "Let me sign this bazillion dollar contract first and then see how my knee feels."

Suns owner - "Ok"

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall are that mad about Amare laughing? He was only like 18. Come on. I laughed harder at that...

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Amare is really gonna think about retiring after Yao destroys him this year in the playoffs.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wished he would have NOT came back last season. That was a dumb thing to do on his part, Mike D'Antoni's part (for playing him), and the Suns' part. You have so much money committed to a YOUNG star, why not let him rest until he's 100% ready? What was he, like 80% ready IIRC? That only made things worse. Granted, I know he needed to test his knee in real-timea situations, but it also takes away time for the knee to heal itself back up.

If he didn't come back last season, maybe he would be dunking all over Chris Webber in preseason right now.

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I have no problem with the laughing either but, like mcable has pointed out, it's very disrespectful that he later said that was his favourite moment of the rookie year. But anyway, I am saddened by the news and hope it is not true. No one can deny that the guy's game is very fun to watch. I actually hope he can return to form so Yao will prove on the court that he is the best player.