1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Carmelo Anthony: After Rockets exit, told Chris Paul to 'just be careful'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 9, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

EVERY organization does this. This narrative is so stupid.

OKC dumped Melo to save dollars.

Also, lol at the idea that what happened to Melo is the same thing that happened to CP3.

#41 justtxyank, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Melo is and will always be a child. Dude just doesn't get it.

The Rockets gave CP3 a $160 mil guaranteed contract. This isn't the same as the Melo waiving.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

holy hell.

this
    is
    not
    a
    story

TINAS is the new IDIOT

Be Careful? Of What? CP had zero ability to control his destiny at that point. Melo made a stupid statement to his friend when he was mad and ESPN ran it as a story OVER A YEAR LATER. There is clearly a desire to continue the narrative against Houston with the sports sites. What the hell did the city of Houston do to these East / West Coast cities besides challenge them in various sports?

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Damn. Send me to Oklahoma with half of the contract we gave CP3. Talk about getting screwed over right.

D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To Melo and Chris's credit, they are giving decent answers with decent perspective when being asked highly flammatory questions by ESPN. If anything I think ESPN is disappointed they aren't taking a dump all over the Rockets. They specifically tried to get them to admit that the Rockets aren't straight shooters and they answered that it's business. Melo even brought up New York.

I think Morey told Paul "the truth" when he said he wouldn't be traded. The Westbrook trade was purely Tilman and Tilboy.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nothing. This is called fandom victim complex.

We have a superstar that is a notorious foul hunter, lazy defender and plays a one man iso style of basketball that former coaches and analysts find not conducive to having a healthy team chemistry. We have a gm who calls our star player a better scorer than Michael Jordan and we have a owner who is known as a notorious narcissistic scumbag and we have just enough success to not be irellevent where people have to pay attention to us but always fall short.

"Houston" has little to do with it.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

and Harden* .... Harden is the most ruthless person in this organization. He is definitely why Dwight, Melo and CP were pushed out. He decided they weren't going to be what he needed to win in this star - stacked era.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did he also tell Chris Paul to be careful to not get as washed up as he is?

D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Any worse than Westbrook?

At least CP3 can shoot and isn't running around like a headless chicken and especially in 2018, was a good role model for Harden to follow.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Sounds like you don't live in Houston and never have.

You wouldn't understand.

Maybe find a new team to root for if you don't like the undisputed second best player in this franchise's history? A guy who literally refuses to leave the organization in an era of player empowerment. A guy who gives it his all but to you is just a lazy ball stopper.

There are 29 other teams that would kill to have Harden.

11. fchowd0311

I was born and raised in the Houston area (Sugar Land).

Don't confuse me with not buying into the victimhood with me not being a fan. I invest too much time to the Rockets, hardly ever missing a regular season game for the past 15 seasons.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I stand corrected, just enjoy the damn team. It's unlikely that any team wins a championship. This team has at least made it interesting. It's likely that Harden never wins a championship in his tenure here but he's a star who does stuff no one ever has despite his shortcomings.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

For the last three or four years everyone has been laughing at Carmelo. No one believed in him. Not even his best banana boat bud in Los Angeles thought he had anything left or he'd be a Laker. No one wanted him on their opening day roster. But now they're going to turn his brief moment of regular season glory into another way to vilify Harden and the Rockets? Predictable.

Richie_Rich, jboslett and jordnnnn like this.
  14. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

My guess Morey didn't want to do it and was telling the truth at the time, yet Harden and tillman wanted the trade to happen. It quite obvious Harden was trying to force it. Cp3 and Harden dont even talk anymore.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol whts creepy about a guy in melo that didnt workout..ima a big melo guy. but u falling for a dumb media narrative honestly. even if u just look at it on its face.
    1. one melo didnt work out, instead of keeping him the moved quickly..u know so he could g3t with another team. plus melo still got paid..both roxkets n his other deal...cry me a river.

2. cp3....wasnt living up to his contract, n was old. so u dont want us to get a younger better player at this stage cause what its gonna hurt cp3 feelings lol. its a business...n again nba contracts are guaranteed. so he still got his money.

this is the biggest **** narrative ive every seen.this is something every gm n organization had done lol.

celtics with isaih Thomas....list goes on n on. but those guys aint shady lmao. warriors finna do the same thing to russell. will they be shady hell no. cause at the end of the day i wouldnt care as long as someone is giving me the money

16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

What a delusional fool. Dude was shocked. Does he not realize no team wanted him after being waived.

And now he is blaming Harden. What a horrible team mate

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This media narrative that Melo is somehow revitalized in Portland is so dumb. He is washed and he is not playing well in Portland, despite what you may have read.

Richie_Rich, RayRay10 and jordnnnn like this.
  18. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Beware of Melo. Still think he's top dog and bad mouth team mates

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm seeing a bunch of anti rockets articles from the media since the protest.

Go figure...

noppeper likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s interesting but from what I’ve read the Westbrook availability happened so quickly that there was a short window to formulate a package and I remember reports saying rockets didn’t want to give Paul up if they didn’t have to and was looking to move EG and couple others but ultimately had to. I think morey wasn’t sure if Paul was going to be dealt or maybe that he did know after all and didn’t want an awkward Situation if the deal couldn’t be made. Either way feelings were hurt. These guys have a lot of pride and professionalism especially CP3. Imagine a company you’ve devoted yourself to for a few years managing major projects tells you they don’t need you anymore. That’s the nature of it.