1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Calvin Watkins: Rockets Expert?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Mar 21, 2015.

1. yobod

yobod Member

Just now when asked who can step up for the loss of D-Mo, kept talking about Joey Dorsey with no mention of Terrence Jones, Josh Smith or Clint Cappela.

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

[​IMG]
    Fire this traitor and non believer

#42 TesseracT, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

They should've hired David Thorpe instead of Watkins.

He watched every single Rockets game this season. And he makes TruehoopTV a good watch.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

LOL, he's always been a hired gun. What made you think differently?

Same goes for San Antonio native Jenny Dial Creech

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This is getting ridiculous, you bumped a old thread just to be butthrt cause nobody is picking the Rockets in the next round?

Why not put it in any number of other threads about playoff coverage from the media?

You guys really need to think twice before creating new threads or bumping old ones. Look at the first couple of pages and see if your thought can be put in one of the current existing threads.

6. dream2franchise

I gave up on his Twitter feed after two days.

I don't know where he's from or who he roots for, but he comes across as a guy tasked with covering the rockets but is waiting for a better job offer.

Could be wrong, though.

Also, why the constant need for 'journalists' to predict a series outcome down to the game? It's pointless.

7. kennysmith

kennysmith Member

8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'm a journalist in Australia, have way more credibility than this dude.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Warriors get Bay-Area native Ethan Stauss,a crazed Warriors fanatic/hardcore dick-rider while we get the non-passionate hired gun from Dallas in Calvin Watkins to represent the Rockets on ESPN.

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

According to Adande, who is respected, Papanikolauo is injured and TJ was not injured during the year so yeah it's pretty bad over there @ ESPN. Funny headline: 'Experts' predict conference finals, yess: exxxxx spurttsss!

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

Only God's an expert.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah, I've trolled his articles a few times on ESPN when I was drunk. Many of his articles say "Mark Stein and Calvin Watkins." Maybe Stein writes them and Watkins proofs them. Anyhoo... how can you trust a Dallas Douche.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Ethan Strauss annoys the hell out of me. He needs to be beaten up I think.

14. a711

a711 Member

He really is the worst.

I don't know man, it gets REALLY draining to constantly have your team despised so much. What did we ever do?

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

#RedNation twitter interacts with him quite a bit. He's a nice enough guy and his live tweets from the game are somewhat informative. He's not on someone like Feigan's level, but it's nice that he's not as cynical when interacting with fans. Still, he does come off as someone that was assigned to cover the Rockets as opposed to actually wanting to do it and thus the quality on his non-game tweets is lacking.

16. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

No. I have enjoyed his articles during the playoffs but he picked the clippers to win in 6. And he will probably pick golden state. And then he will pick Cleveland when we beat the Warriors. That is unforgivable.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Fret not. We already did it once.

[​IMG]

We will always be discounted. If we beat GSW, sportswriters will be talking about how GSW was actually the better team. If we win the championship, sportswriters will be talking about how it was only because Durant was not healthy, because Lebron lost his Love.

Excuses are for losers. Just win.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: Oops, missed your new thread.

I see you treyk3 calling him out. :grin::cool:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You've computed my tweets. Thank you. Let's talk about that underachieving baseball team down in Houston then. <a href="https://t.co/HJ3D7GUhww">https://t.co/HJ3D7GUhww</a></p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/731997199727398913">May 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

His tweets are garbage. Thought himself really smart. Most of the time being captain obvious.