1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Bulls expected to buyout Dwyane Wade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Aug 16, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gordon will head out get Melo and we get Wade off the bench.

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Considering that I don't trust Gordon's injury history I'd rather have wade for a championship run

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

wade isn't exactly "healthy" these days. EG went through the entire season pretty well with houston

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wade isn't a beacon of health either, and Gordon is coming off his healthiest season in a LONG time. Also, in terms of basketball, I would MUCH rather have Gordon on this team. At least he can hit a shot outside of 15 feet. Gordon isn't going anywhere.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Would the banana boat be a click in our locker room? Would harden be able to join in or would he be ostracized?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dragic's reaction:

[​IMG]

8. BackdoorHarden

"soon" and "imminent"

Just like Melo coming trade or buyout "soon"

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wade for 20 minutes a game would still be good in my opinion for the next two seasons.

Deckard likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Cleveland isn't doing a melo for kyrie deal.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We need more than 20 minutes from our 3rd guard. Our 4th guard is Isaiah Taylor and when you're trying to win a trophy you can't take a risk like that.

Wade is done. If he were an unknown player and came in for a workout, he wouldn't get more than a minimum deal. His career is afloat on reputation alone. Would love to have him behind Gordon as a 4th guard for 15-20 minutes in the regular season. Gordon is a top 10 shooter in the NBA when you take volume and efficiency into account as well as not being a defensive liability (like most elite shooters) and being able to drive if he's being closed out too hard (like Ryan Anderson). He is an excellent player, worth twice as much as Wade.

peleincubus likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a little much. Still putting up an 18.5 PER as a SG, 18-4-5 in 30 minutes a game. He is definitely an MLE player at worst, IMO.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwyane Wade will reportedly consider Miami, Cleveland and Los Angeles if he reaches a buyout with Chicago.

To be clear, no buyout talks have yet been initiated between Wade and the Bulls, but given the current direction of the Chicago franchise, it just doesn't make much sense for the 35-year-old veteran to remain on the roster. There have, however, been rumors that the Bulls may want to use Wade as a trade chip this season, so we might not see the two sides initiate buyout talks until after the trade deadline.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article171193157.html

Though ESPN reported that LeBron James’ camp expects Dwyane Wade to end up with Cleveland if he reaches a buyout with the Bulls, a Wade associate has been telling people that Miami and Los Angeles are also appealing destinations for Wade.

Chicago media has reported recently that no Bulls buyout talks have happened yet with Wade, and it’s unclear when they will happen.

We would never profess to know what Wade is thinking; only Wade - for whom we have great respect - and those closest to him know that.

So we’re not attempting to mind-read Wade. But the person who mentioned Miami and L.A. to me was the same person who first alerted me to my scoop a few years ago that Wade’s negotiations with the Heat were not going well - the first time that information ever surfaced (and a year later, the sides divorced).

So food for thought.

As WINZ-940’s Andy Slater reported, Wade’s children are encrolled in a South Florida school this year, and the Heat certainly would consider a return.

On a possible Wade reunion, Udonis Haslem told The Palm Beach’s Tom D’Angelo on Saturday: “I would love to have him back, everybody knows that,” Haslem said.

“Not only is he a great competitor, great teammate I learned a lot from but also a friend of mine, I consider him a brother.

“I just want Dwyane to be happy. This is the last lap for us both. We deserve to finish it the right way. Whatever makes him happy finishing his career. … hopefully it’s in Miami. I would love for it to be Miami. I want him to finish it right and have no regrets.”

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can't see why the Lakers would be a legit option. It's easy to imagine him joining the Heat or Cavs.

15. Fantasma Negro

He's going going back back to Miami

16. BackdoorHarden

'
    His wife wants to live in LA

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

No Houston ? :(

Does that mean the banana is not destined for us??

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

come join our retirement home with the rockets.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bulls are doing him a favor, putting him on a Banana Boat before retirement.

Still a 16 and 5 option in a limited role?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wade says he wants to play for championship contender before career ends

Doing nothing to diffuse speculation that he would like a buyout from the Chicago Bulls, former Heat guard Dwyane Wade said he would like to play for a championship contender before his career is over.

Wade is under contract to the Bulls at $24 million this coming season but reportedly isn’t eager to play there because the Bulls are rebuilding after trading his close friend, Jimmy Butler, to Minnesota.

ESPN reported recently that LeBron James’ associates believe Wade will sign with Cleveland if he reaches a buyout with the Bulls. A Wade associate told me last week that Miami and Los Angeles also would hold appeal to him.

The Heat would be interested in Wade under certain circumstances, including if he agrees to a bench role and if he would be willing to play for Miami’s $4.3 million exception.

While not naming any other teams besides Chicago, Aldridge asked Wade what his preference would be.

“First of all, obviously, everyone wants to compete,” Wade said. “It's no secret. We would all love to compete for a championship at the end of my career. That is one thing I would love to do. I'm not in a position right now to do that so I can't talk about what that preference is. Hopefully, one day before I'm done playing this game, I can be back in position to compete for a championship.”

Aldridge asked if it’s fair to say he will report to the Bulls and provide leadership but “in a perfect world” would “be back on another team that can compete?”

Responded Wade: “Definitely, definitely. It's no secret. And everyone knows that. I've been lucky. I've been to five Finals. So If I never go to another one, I can't complain. But I would love to. I would love to because I feel I can add to something a team that's in that position. That's not something I can focus on or something I can worry about right now.”

Wade’s comments suggest Cleveland might have an edge over Miami if Wade gets a Bulls buyout. Vegasinsider.com has the Cavaliers with 4 to 1 odds to win the championship - behind only Golden State - and the Heat at 100 to 1.

Asked if he wants a buyout, Wade said: “What's funny is I haven't said anything.... It's a reason for that. I'm not about the going back and forth. A lot of people make it that way. I'm not about the going back and forth. When the time is right for me and the Chicago Bulls to sit down and talk about the future, we will do that. The time hasn't been right obviously to this point. But I will be in Chicago soon enough and hopefully we get an opportunity to sit down and talk about the future and the direction and go from there. I'm 35 years old. I'm a grown man. I can definitely sit across the room from you and listen to your truth and hopefully hear mine and go from there.”

When Aldridge asked what team he will be playing for in November, Wade said: “Training camp is coming up and I'm preparing for training camp. I’m under contract with the Bulls right now and that's what I'm preparing for. The future, you don't worry about it too much.... My job is to prepare for being the best Dwyane Wade at the age of 35 that I can be and everything else will take care of itself.”