1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

|ESPN| Bobcats want expiring contract and protected first rounder for Wallace

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The price for Gerald Wallace can't be so salary-dump low. Even for a team that's bleeding money.

I'm sure Daryl's worn out one ear already talking to MJ on the phone, so we'll see if anything shakes free.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Deal. Do it.

Jeffries and a first is fine with me.

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Well the Mavs are already good to begin with. I believe he would replace Caron Butlers production, so yes, I think he would boost them to a championship contender which sucks because Dallas is my most hated team.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

This is a ploy on MJ's part to attract attention to Crash. Charlotte's phone is probably ringing off the hook, but MJ's informing all of these hungry GMs that he has a better offer on the table.

There's no way he's going to dump Wallace at that price.

5. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

Someone please tell me why we want to trade for this guy? He is on the downside of his career, and he does not make us a contender. Plus, he's going take minutes from some of our young players. I don't think it's worth it.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why are you giving up more than they want?? No reason to throw in brooks and budinger, or either of them really...

And shouldn't it be an UNprotected pick :confused:

7. fattz

fattz Member

Jeffreis, Budinger, Hill & a pick

Don't think; just do it

8. hourocket365247

why not go after captain jack, might as well. He can at least close unlike other rox players

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

FORREALL?

WHAT THE HECK YOU GONNA DRAFT BETTER THAN WALLACE WITH ANY PICK THAT WE HAVE?

this is said to be the worst draft class in 20 years

10. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

They have Miami's first rounder too, acquired in the deal for James Johnson from TOR. Maybe its for 2 picks so they can be packaged for something bigger/ higher draft pick then?

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Same 'stuff' every year from this site. A couple trades go down and people start whining and complaining about us not making any deals. Then you just want us to make any deal. Not looking at all of the factors and implications involved. Just "make the deal Morey". "Get somebody Morey".

I'm pretty sure Morey knows what this team needs. I'm sure he is on the phones trying to get a good deal to improve the team. It takes two teams to MAKE the deal happen. He just cant go take the player and leave something.

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

if we get wallace as well as a young blossoming center or nene

I think that is a good thing...we cant trade our pick this year... so

We get Hill and Thabeet a centere for future

scola patterson

Wallace and whos left

martin and whos left

lowry

thats a good squad...u still get to add a lottery pick in the draft maybe trade up...and get a decent player

13. Rockets_4_life

Wallace is overrated, his nothing more than a glorified role player... hell no, I don't want him on the rockets!!

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Agreed.

This is probably his bargain basement minimum to get the auction started.

I think he is sending a shot through the league and media at the very last days, so the Gerald Wallace sale has the largest crowd possible.

15. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

But I thought we were lookingfor a star not another kmart....

16. fattz

fattz Member

OK, when / if he becomes a Rocket he will be the best role player on the team. In time I think you will grow to like him.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

What are we waitin on??...sounds good to me...

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He'd unarguably be a major upgrade over Battier and Chase.

He's definitely over his head as a primary/secondary option on a bad team. But he'd be an extremely nice piece between Martin and Scola. Essentially, the guy Morey gambled on Ariza becoming.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

another injury prone player? moving from the yao/mac era to the martin/wallace era may not equal more games played per season. not to mention that wallace isnt the youngest guy the rockets can target.

all that said... i'd still be ok with acquiring him IF the cost is jeffries and the knicks pick. maybe even at the cost of lee or bud, but not much more than that.

20. worzel gummidge

Other teams can offer TEs and higher picks. Rockets again don't have the right assets.