1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Biggest offseason losers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 27, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insi...y?columnist=hollinger_john&page=losers-100727

2. Prince

Prince Member

Lakers? they did nothing..

3. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Obviously the Knicks are the answer ... they squandered 3 or 4 years of assets on Amare. Nice going.

4. supdudes

supdudes Member

LOl ESPN realllllly hates the Lakers. :)

5. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

Lol wow, Lakers improve with Barnes and Blake (both under MLE)

and ESPN calls them one of the biggest off-season loser

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Wth..the Lakers got better and lost nothing of significance, what am I missing?

7. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Hell hath no fury like a woma....like Kobe scorned...

8. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Garbage article since they put in the Lakers and the Nets in there. I'll talk about the Nets since ppl already commented on the Lakers and I agree with them.

How can you call the Nets losers for what they didn't get? That's ridiculous. You could say that about every team in the NBA that didn't get Bosh or LeBron - and ppl would agree that too, which is silly because all three of those teams got better.

A team is only a loser if they got worse and the Nets didn't get worse, they got mildly better.

9. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

The author's point on the Lakers being an off season loser even though they improved is awkward, but sound in my opinion.

Let's say they had a 50% chance of repeating next season if the big 3 in Miami didn't get together. Now with Miami, they only have a 35% chance of winning (Numbers pulled out of my ass). They've effectively become 'worse' in terms of able to win the championship again. It doesn't impact other teams in the league as much because they were not the favorite. The Timberwolves won't be losing any sleep that their chance of winning the championship went from 0.1%to 0.05%.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow, I would say this is the first negative article about the lakers.

11. SunsRocketsfan

wow sometimes you really do get crappy articles ... WTH? if the Lakers are losers because of external factors which they state is Miami got better .. Doesn't that mean every other team outside of Miami is a loser also?

stupid article.. I really dont get why anyone pay's for the insider stuff.. but thanks for all those that keep posting the crap on ESPN insider

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Not quite.

What if the Nets signed Matt Barnes to a MAX contract? Technically, they would have gotten better. But I think we can all agree that they would be off-season losers. Big time.

13. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

Not really,
    ESPN has highlights of all of their games, the same can't be said about the Rockets.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

THE KNICKS ARE THE LOSERS!!! MUAHAHAHA!!

[​IMG]

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

ESPN tries to underrate the Lakers now so that they can jump on the bandwagon in the middle of the season when the Lakers exceed the low expectation.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If it was Minnesota, I wouldn't put it past them to do that...

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm surprised only one poster realized this. Not to mention the fact that with Miami around, the focus on the Lakers by ESPN and other national media would be a lot less.

Kind of stupid of the writer not to dumb down his argument for his audience. There really is no reason for a national writer not to kiss Lakers ass.

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Hollinger is a Lakers hater and LeBron ass kisser.
    He's predicted Suns would have taken Lakers in 6 and LeBron would have swept Celtics. This was after similar prediction the year before.

This clown is a slave of queen. He's gonna take queen's team every year.

20. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Following that logic, why single out the Lakers? If a team losing out because Miami got better, why list every team in the NBA that essentially did nothing? Boston, Orlando, NO, OKC, Phx...

Singling out Lakers either because they are the defending champs, hype, or cuz you just don't like them. I personally think they're doing an excellent job of addressing their weaknesses, although starting PG is still a big hole.