1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Award Votes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Apr 13, 2017.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Don't know if all of the ESPN writers here are official voters, but this is as good of a straw poll as any. From this we can gather that WB will run away with the MVP... :(

Eric Gordon is actually in a toss-up for sixth man with Andre Igudala (who really only started playing well the past month but w/e)

and Mike D'Antoni will probably win the COY, edging pop.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19144679/2016-17-postseason-award-expert-picks

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. Raider17

Raider17 Member

At this point we should stop focusing on the awards and just focus on playing playoff basketball. I would much rather see a trip to the finals than us racking up regular season awards.

Yung-T, napalm06 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

our team was going to win the six man and coach of the year. It was really a no-brainer. Harden should be MVP there is no consolation and giving us the other two awards because we already earned them

Man they will do whatever it takes to screw the Rockets out of the MVP award year after year after year. this year is so unprecedented. I let the one against curry slide because of the excuse that we were not the best team even though harden was the most valuable player on his team

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

while looking at the votes they ****ing love Westbrook. The NBA really wanted to give it to him this year after durant left that crappy ass franchise

Westbrook is a great player but he is the biggest stat padding chucked in NBA history. he is not a winner.

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Okc vs hou will affect the mvp vote. If Hou leads Okc 3:0 and does not lose 1st two matches. It can help harden to get more vote

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

The mvp votes will be in before the playoffs begin. That's at least the way its been done since always. Its a regular season award, not extended into the postseason.

This is pretty remedial and elementary.

Whatever player the media love they will go above and beyond for and whomever they hate they will go above and beyond to slight, even when its obvious.

The media is evil at every level. They all can go to h3ll.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

the vote is finalized before the playoffs start.

8. threepointshot3

Gordon has been a lot better then Iggy. The biased towards the Warriors in the media is now just downright pathetic. No wonder majority of the stars in the league hate Steph and the Warriors.

riko likes this.
  9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

when was the last time the MVP shot 42% from the field? Russell Westbrook wow. Jacking up over 30 shots a game

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

If iggy gets the sixth man of the year over Ego or Lou looool

Daddy Long Legs and Ramo$e like this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

ESPN has Iggy winning 6th man...

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If westbrook wins mvp we will all know the media is full of Sh'''*. There is nothing to it. The only two people that should be up for discussion is Harden and Kawhi. 6th seed and an MVP ? That's a damn joke and an embarrasement to the whole NBA.

13. MystikArkitect

Where's that image of the ESPN NBA front page and there's 5 different articles on Westbrook? The way I see it Westbrook is like Tupac, aggressive and in your face and easy to make headlines about, Harden is like Outkast, smooth, laid back, not loud, and different but will be appreciated over time.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gawd damn. That's a good analogy.

15. csc177

csc177 Member

I hope losing the MVP race doesnt affect Hardens swag! I need him to destroy RW the way the Dream destroyed David Robinson. Show the world who the real MVP is BEARD!

16. kanggang

kanggang Member

I'm not even going to click on that link

mario_v likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's funny, I don't care much about missing out on regular season awards. But I do care that ESPN is so selective in their coverage. Even in the NHL they completely ignore 28 teams to focus on their 2 favorites (typically Chicago and Pittsburgh). I don't think any of them should have votes.

I wouldn't mind Harden losing the MVP if I thought that the people voting had average human intellect. Coaches, GMs... non-ESPN basketball media.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Eric Gordon gonna get screwed out of his award by Iggy Andredala?

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sorry, I am focusing on awards, and in particular, arguing about them on the internet - that's why I skipped today's shootaround.

20. Garner

Garner Member

These clowns voting Spoelestra COY...