1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN announcers now work for Boston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My comment was based on watching the game. I watch all the games, sometimes more than once. I don’t have a “bias” against Hubie. What I had during that game was an increasing amount of irritation at how he was handling it. The other fellow was pretty good.

Sajan and 34to11 like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, he was better in the first half. I’ll admit that, although I’m using “better” as a relative term.

Sajan and don grahamleone like this.
  3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Hubie is an interesting listen, but you have to get past his biggest tic: he announces all games as if he is coaching whichever team is the underdog. He's done it for years, and with Kemba out that was the Celtics this time. If you can deal with this gimmick, he has some great things to say. But as the Rockets have been good since Hubie joined ESPN, he comes off as always rooting against them.

plee and SamFisher like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you have photographic memory? If you didnt watch the supercut how do you really know he was biased at the start or not?

Once you started getting irritated how Hubie was handling it you started having a bias against him, believe it or not. That would then color your perception of his commentary esp since what you watched was the whole game and not the supercut.

I know cuz I have a massive bias against Pringles he has to do some 3D chess manouvers coaching the Rox before I give him credit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When the game is on the line, Hubie puts his anti-Houston mentality into 5th gear showng his true colors. Pay attention.

[​IMG]

Sajan, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My father did and my uncle does. One of our two kids might. I'm constantly astonished by her. Me? I'm only semi-photographic.
    You keep mentioning "the supercut." Isn't that in the mall?

don grahamleone and Sajan like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Interestingly, at least a moi, is how the Boston media portrayed the game. I checked several Boston sites and was impressed w/how they described the Rox, how the C's needed to act like the Rox. Not small-ball, but toughness. Every. single. article. spoke to HR's toughness. Brad Stevens said the Rox played like linebackers.

Their respect was earned.