1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN announcers now work for Boston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

People like her are snakes and worse than straight up haters.

She wants to be viewed as someone that is unbiased and fair but watch how she subtly and passive aggressively dictates the conversation and throws in her cheap shot at the opportune times.

#61 Zboy, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’m watching the game again... I’m not so sure about what you’re saying.

A player runs over Harden, “That’s fortunate..”

Celtics makes a three, “Nice.”

pay attention man

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    @Reeko

I’m now rooting for ESPN to piss off weak minded Clutchfans

I’m tired of the insecure fandom here
    Rockets win > media commentary

Ramo$e and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hubie is the worst. He needs to go. He says the most abundantly obvious things, like “you see, the guy thought he could take Harden off the dribble, but you see what he didn’t know was that he can’t.” ... huh? Just stop talking.

He’s like Joe Biden sometimes. He starts a sentence and you’re nodding and then he goes off somewhere and you’re still nodding, but you slowly start to tilt your nod as you get further and further away from understanding wtf he is trying to say.

don grahamleone and bj3175 like this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

It's amazing when he criticizes thebRox or James when the only time he makes it out of the first round is as a bench warmer for the spurs

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Hubie and the other guy is enthused when Boston makes an offensive, or defensive play. When a Celtic missed a 3pt, I heard him say, "No!!!!!!", or "WHAT A BLOCK BY TATUM!" Or when Boston gets the ball on offensive end, "Come On!!!!"

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

The time where Clutchfans want tv personalities to leave because it hurts their soft feelings and it happens is

never
    @Clutch @Os Trigonum

you insecure and soft fans have turned Clutchfans from a place of strong fan opinions to some teen girls crying gossip forum

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

this is a fan site. espn is a sports network. i dont see how this is a axe for u to grind. we talking basketball. its a conversation starter. u do know they players, coaches, gms, n owner care n watch what the media says about them.n their teams too

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I hope Max Kellerman says crap about Harden so
    People here will spill their milk
    @Os Trigonum

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm wondering if he's watching a different game. Hubie was very biased. Sure, he made the obligatory "nice" comments about Houston, but again and again, he acted like a Boston fan who had snagged a job in the broadcast booth. It was weird. The fellow is 86. Maybe it's time for Hubie to retire.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Or that the only time his Rockets got out of the first round with him on the team was when he was not even on the court.

bj3175 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

ESPN has made people here care about what Tmac says

Is this how powerful espn is or how weak most of Clutchfans are ?

rockbox likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In no way was Boston the underdog here unless we count the Kemba injury, which I'm not sure he ever mentioned.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Maybe it’s time for Clutchfans to cancel their ESPN Subscriptions
    @Reeko

that would be great

For Clutchfans GARM

bj3175 likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It most definitely got worse in the 2nd half. If someone only saw the first half I *might be understanding. Not sure. Hubie's track record is awful regard Houston.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Can't lie, all that cheerleading on the mic was annoying but it made that Rockets win all the more enjoyable in the end.

WestendMassive likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Barbara Walters (as played by Cheri Oteri, New Year's, CNN): "Watch me put together puzzles with Spartacus himself, Kirk Douglas; former Presidential hopeful, Bob Dole; Broadway star Angela Lansbury; and former NBA coach and announcer, Hubie Brown...."

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he's still alive? i'd think HB is retired by now.....

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Brown compliments both teams which is what is supposed to happen if you are unbiased.

If Brown was biased against the Rox from the start then he wouldnt be saying good thing sbaout the Rox at all.

Pay attention man.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

He was biased at the end which I said was reasonable given the nature of Celtics comeback. At the start he wasnt that biased which is what you'd know if you actually watched that supercut instead of looking for confirmation bias.

A boston fan who snagged a job at the broadcast booth wouldnt give "nice" comments about the Rox to begin with. You already think he is biased if he says one thing bad against the Rox thats proof for you already he was biased lol.

How many nice things is a broadcaster "obligated" to say about each team? 4? 6? I watched some biased Jazz commentators one time they didnt say 1 good thing about the Rockets either these boston are more professional or those Jazz broadcasters are just too hardcore.