1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN anchor Jemele Hill called President Donald Trump a white supremacist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Daddy Long Legs, Sep 13, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

BigDog63 likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are biases in the judicial system but they aren't from minority judges against entitled rich white guys like Trump.

What Trump said was that a judge wasn't qualified to do his job. The only reason Trump gave for his reasoning was the judge's ethnicity. That is the definition of prejudice. Trump has provided far more than enough evidence for one to presume he is racist.

No Worries likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not true at all and I completely disagree with you based on Trumps point of view. I'm not debating whether Trump was right or wrong, only that Trump's view and context of his situation was not only his ethnicity as you claim. Trump felt he was getting unfair and strange rulings from this Judge. He rationalized it, with counsel, and concluded perhaps Trump's own political positions were creating judicial bias against him. Here's a quote, "Trump told the journal the judge’s background was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. "I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest," Trump said."

That quote has nothing to do with white supremacy. Again Trump's conclusion right or wrong, I'm not addressing. That quote has all to do with Trump's frustration with the judge's decisions and Trump's rationalization for those decisions. He did not out of the blue, claim that as a group ethnic judges were incapable of performing their duties in a similar manner as the Nazis campaigns against Jews. Not even close.

He felt very close and personal bias and concluded that it might be because of his controversial positions on the campaign. I would imagine several very talented lawyers would agree with Trump when considering full context. Does that make those lawyers white supremacists?

Not only that Judges are human, not robots, and political positions, current events, emotions, etc... can and do influence their presiding and ruling. Check youtube for hundreds of videos related to judges getting revenge, spiteful judges, friendly & merciful judges. Tons of examples where Judges show favor or bias because of outside influences unrelated to case facts.

Read the full interview here, Trump clearly explains it several times but the interview might have a learning or hearing disability based on his responses. Or more than likely the snake was trying to create a yellow journalistic trap to create faux outrage.
    http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...-trumps-racial-comments-about-judge-trump-un/

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which again is racist. Why else would a judge from Indiana be prejudiced by Trump's stance immigration? Presuming that have ancestors from Mexico would prevent the judge from doing his job, is indeed prejudiced. That was the claim that Trump made. He made a racist claim.

Also, Trump's claim which was based on the judge's ethnicity isn't anything that his lawyers claimed or would even be allowed to claim. So don't pretend that it was something with which his lawyers agreed.

6. ipaman

You don't live in the real world friend and maybe if you were in front of a real judge and/or jury with your ass on the line you would plead with your lawyers to find you the best court, judge, and jurors that give you the best chance to save your ass. Or maybe not and if you're white, I would dare you to request from your lawyer to voir dire an all black jury and judge or if you're black an all white jury and judge. Ah man.. I don't wish you any troubles but I doubt you actually believe the **** you say if you were in that type of situation.

We live in the real world with real people except we don't hve the interest or platform to go public and even if we did we wouldn't because most of us aren't idiots like Trump. He has diarrhea of the mouth and no filter while also being an idiot but card carrying kkk member he's not. He's trying not to lose like any of us would if our ass was on the line.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You still haven't explained 'jellybelly hill' or 'jellybean hill'. Last time, I thought it might have been a typo, but clearly it's not. I know most slang, but not familiar with this one, so I'm genuinely curious.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, why is this thread still going?

I mean really, this is only an issue because the President...the President of the United States called for a sports journalist to get fired.

Let's just sit here, take a deep breath...and think about how silly this is. Why the president cares what one random person thinks is beyond me.

Just imagine Obama calling out Schilling to get fired or anyone on cable news...imagine ANY president doing this...alright then...we should move on.

It's ESPN who decides her fate.

All this does is make conservatives look like snowflakes and hypocrites.

No Worries likes this.
  9. ipaman

It was a typo each and every time I wrote it, I meant Jemele Hill :rolleyes:

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm assuming I'm missing some sarcasm. Google hasn't been much help, unless you're going with the super racist version (jellybean/jellybelly - nobody likes the black ones), which I don't think you are. Or are you?

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Old race joke no one likes the black ones.

el gnomo likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Short answer: Lot of losers here on the internet.

I mean there's really nothing to debate or discuss. Did you dislike what she said? Ok. Did you like what she said? Ok. Who gives a ****. No one here even watches the 6pm SportsCenter so wtf would you care if someone on a show you don't watch said something on her Twitter that you don't read? Don't you have something else going on in your life? Anything else? Because anything would be more worthwhile of a discussion or debate than this. Like, what color mulch do you use and why. Or when it comes to spiders do you kill or do you catch and release? These are more interesting and more impactful on our lives than this POS topic.

JayGoogle and BigDog63 like this.
  13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt to explain himself, but this is probably correct.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

While we are on the subject...would this statement be considered racist?

I am rooting for everybody black.

15. ipaman

Yea that's not true at all, or in other words a lie. It's an issue because a major american corporation has been inconsistent in their hiring and firing practices which "appears" to be discriminatory. It's an issue because a sports station and sports reporter want to get into social and political issues. It was controversial for a full 48 hours prior to Trump's Press Secretary calling it a fireable offense.

16. ipaman

you both wish

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ok. I've asked you twice to explain the meaning behind it, and you've neglected to do so. Would've been pretty easy to squash if you answered. And like I said, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

18. ipaman

don't be so dense bro... it's a stupid joke using her name and she be thicc but head to toe.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ooooooooookkk.

[​IMG]

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  20. ipaman

Exactly why I ignored you three times. How's it feel to be read like a book b****.