1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] An interview with Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Apr 23, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

With the Houston Rockets ahead 2-0 in their best-of-seven series against the Dallas Mavericks, ESPN conducted an interview with GM Daryl Morey on Wednesday. Morey talked, among other things, about the current 2-0 lead, the possibility of Josh Smith returning as an impending free agent and the lack of Coach of the Year votes for Kevin McHale.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/524/an-interview-with-daryl-morey

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen this photo before:

[​IMG]

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Murray getting old

5. today

today Contributing Member

Thanks for the link JR =)

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The person they hire for photography is horrible. My wife who is a photographer would never release a picture that looked like this to her clients.

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yep. he really does look like a dork elvis. :grin:

props for not mentioning cuban.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I'm not worried about smith. Dude pretty much got paid 26mil to leave Detroit and come to houston. I feel like he is truly appreciative of houston chasing and wanting him for so long.

I think he is embarrassed about the buyout and sees houston as a new home, and a great place for him to win rings and finish his career on a high note. I think he is going to be reasonable when negotiating contracts if he knows Morey is trying to get that last big piece

Same with brewer. I think he is excited and happy for what houston can provide in his career.

Mchale seems to be our best recruiter. Guys simply love playing for him

9. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Morey calling out Jonathan Feigen. lmao

1 person likes this.
  10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't get the arrogance complaint that people often paint Morey with - he seems very humble - bold, but humble. I think all the Morey hate is insecurity because it's obvious that he is going to be the smartest guy in the room on most days.

1 person likes this.
  11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He should- what BS- how do you not vote McHale at least for #3? *******.

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

LMAO same thing I was thinking, father time getting to Murray LOL.
    He looks much different

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

McFail is 6th because there is nothing on film to show that he's done anything significantly to alter the Rockets on the defensive and offensive end. Actually Morey should get most of the credit for providing him with proven veterans (Terry, Smoove, and Brewer) off the bench that contribute.

McFail hasn't done anything except roll out the ball and tell them to try harder and play with more energy. His strategic concepts are horrible and if we score an easy bucket out of the timeout it would be a miracle.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This is just plain stupid.

I don't think Mchale is the best tactician and there's many times I've been frustrated with him but the results this season speak loud and clear. Mchale was huge in the aquisitions of both Smith and Brewer. Smith is currently experiencing a complete turn around in league perception and Mchale is a big part of that. Players love him and they play hard for him and that counts for a **** ton more than you think. See Rudy T.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

I've seen reasoning behind not liking McHale but this may be one of the worst.

16. YourSecretLover

damn that double chin tho!

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Whew, you sound idiotic.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Rightfully so. You don't have to vote McHale as the winner, but putting Popovich in front of McHale was clownish. Popovich dealt with adversity because he actively rested his starters. McHale's hand was forced due to crazy injuries, and absolutely no consistency in his roster as the season went on. Feigen of all people should know that.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Speaking of clownish behavior.....this guy.

20. tdo

tdo Member

So much is wrong with this post. You do realize that EVERYBODY thought Terry was done, and was not going to play a single minute for the Rockets this season. Smith was paid to leave by his former team, and widely considered an addition by subtraction move for the Pistons. Brewer was having a pretty awful season and shooting extremely poorly before coming to Houston. To act like all 3 of these "proven veterans" just came in, and saved the Rockets season is ludicrous. McHale had to make the pieces work, which he did brilliantly. Didn't do anything significant to alter the defensive strategy? Oh you mean keeping a top 10 team in defensive efficiency without a healthy Dwight Howard isn't an accomplishment?

I can't stand how vastly underrated Kevin McHale is around here. Is he the smartest coach in the league? No. Is he one of the best at dealing with different personnel and personalities? I believe so. It is not as easy as just taking player X from team Y and transplanting him to the Rockets where he can just play like he always has. These moves do not always work as gracefully as they have for the Rockets. You are too damn spoiled by how McHale has been able to effortlessly manage the different personalities of all of these acquisitions, to realize that it really is not that easy.