1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN 790 or SPORTSRADIO 610?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by benzman501, Apr 11, 2005.

Tags:
?

ESPN 790 or SPORTSRADIO 610

1. ESPN 790

15 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. SPORTSRADIO 610

55 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Flip Between 790 and 610

55 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. benzman501

benzman501 Member

It's been about 4 months since ESPN 790 came to the airwaves, so...
    Do you listen to ESPN 790, SPORTSRADIO 610 or flip around?

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I have a feeling "flip" is going to get over 90% of the vote...

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I flip between the two shows but leave it on 610 a majority of the time. Carlie Pallilo used to be my favorite radio personality, but it seems like he has gotten a little boring hosting a show on his own.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I listen to Pallilo and Matt Jackson exclusively.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I don't even flip anymore. Until 790 gets more local programming they won't be a factor for me. Charlie is good, but I don't like one man shows, with the exception of Rome.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

If it weren't for Rich and Mark, I'd never bother to listen to 790. Those two are just unlistenable.

7. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

610 4 LIFE

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still a 610 guy. I was never a big enough Pallilo fan to care about checking that station out...and I can't stand Dan Patrick's show. Plus, I love 610's morning show, so I stick with them for the most part.

As a side note, Matt Jackson is now 500x more enjoyable with his buddy Adam riding shotgun. When it was Matt by himself, he was just annoying.

#8 RunninRaven, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

ESPN talks about crap I don't care about (non Houston stuff)

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

610... I love John and Lance, but I'll flip to 790 during the afternoon sometimes because Marc and Rich leave a lot to be desired as a dynamic duo... not to mention that neither one of them are Houston natives. I don't really like the one man shows so it's tough for me to chew on Charlie and 790 for more then 20-30 minutes at a time, and Matt & Adam on 610 are great together.

11. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

790, because it streams. No hard feeling Chance :)

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

610 for everything except drive time and that is Palillo on 790. I just don't really like listening to Marc. I like Matt and Adam's show and it's the first time I've really liked an evening show.

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Ditto ... Hopefully someday 610 can do the same. I need something to carry me through my mornings here without having to hear about the damn Lakers 24/7

14. benzman501

benzman501 Member

Rome was good, but now it gets annoying at times. I really respect Jim Rome and his story but I listen to The Herd with Colin Cowherd, good talk and a smart sports IQ. I used to love 610 but I flip over for Palilo, the guy is the freaking oracle of sports!

15. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I hate the freaking Golf hour on 610 from 9 am - 10 am weekdays...
    That is the time when I am driving to school and I dont want to be listening to golf crap......sorry I dont like golf

Then 790 is nothing but ESPN talk...I want local talk...

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ditto.

I listen to 610 sometimes in my truck whenever the signal reaches me.

But at home, it's 740 Ktrh all day, everyday.

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Yeah, I seem to go through Rome fazes. I just get really tired of him patting himself on the back... when was the last time your heard him say an interview he conducted was NOT "great" or "phenomenal." I also love how he does things he says he's NOT going to do like "Don't send me your Johnnie Cochran emails" and then he reads three or four of them on air. "Don't get me started clones, we aren't going to go there! But, let me read a few!"

I guess most of the time I listen to him to hear the stupid drivel he's going to talk about... helps pass the time I suppose, plus I am burnt out on Political talk since the election. I just think it's laugable that there are so many people out there that think he's a "phenomenal" sports figure when all he does is give himsel props 10 times an hour.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The real poll question should be "Mark and Rich's show" or "Charlie Pallilo's show" because I highly doubt anybody is listening to 790 for their morning national programing over John and Lance.

Likewise, I couldn't care if you listened to either Rome or DP... they're both no-talent, no-knowledge hacks. Rome gets the edge only because he's a good interviewer.

790 also gets sportsbeat now, which I never listened to because I'm normally not in the car when it comes on... but Carl Dukes seems like a pretty stand-up guy... and I like it how Milo calls him "The Duker..."

As for my proposed poll... CP has more sports knowledge in his tiny right foot (and he is tiny)... than both Rich and Mark have in their ginormous heads.

19. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I prefer 610. Of course, I'm a wee bit biased. But even as a listener I think 610 is better. The morning crew is incredibly talented and fun. Best show on Houston radio. Rome I can only take in doses...I once LOVED him...like serious manlove...I wanted to lick his goatee...(OK not really)...but it got old. Now I listen to his opening monologue to see how he is setting up the show and if there are topics I wanna hit I'll check it out. Perfect example...I HAD to get Romey's take on Ron Mexico...and it was an instant classic. Marc and Rich are gelling quickly. To be irresponsibly honest for a public forum I have not invested emotionally in the show because I didn't know if Rich was in it for the long haul. Now that he is, I am. These two guys are total professionals and will never let Charlie catch them. Charlie’s solo act will wear thinner than shaft-skin in no time. It is inevitable. Unless you wake up every morning with a “the world sucks” attitude, he will WEAR YOU OUT without Rich. Too much negative will beat you down. Too much Northeast bias will tire here and he has an elitist, Syracuse, New York bias that is played out. Matt and Adam are friggin awesome. If you haven’t listened to them then listen tonight or I will hunt you down and kill you. It’s fun, funny, smart…it’s a damned good radio show. It’s old-school good. They add a lot of production elements that are good and quick. Listen. And you Rockets guys that think we don’t talk enough Rox…and you’re freakin high by the way, we dedicate mas que bastante tiempo…all our shows do…Matt and Adam are straight up homers and you’ll love to listen to them.

I swear, a month after taxes are due seems so far away, yet so close.

;).

#19 Chance, Apr 12, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  20. codell

codell Contributing Member

Chance,

You need to get Dave Halverson (or whatever his name is) some more air time.

He is a diamond in the rough IMO.