1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] 200 best-paying teams in the world (Rockets at #18)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Apr 25, 2011.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

WTF? This is insanely dumb. And I say that with all due respect. :grin:

Do you REALLY think the free-agency decisions of superstar athletes are made using posts on ClutchFans as a factor?!? :eek:

2. choujie

choujie Member

No. I didn't say Rockets organization suck. They had great coaches, and they have one of the best GMs in NBA. They have players who are unselfish and leave everything out on the floor.

What I'm trying to say is the rank by the ESPN article doesn't mean much, Les is an average owner, and a lot of your statements are false.

1 person likes this.
  3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You take everything the wrong way. The clutchfans and alot of our fans devalued our franchise during these times to not get certain players. That does become a perception if that perception is floated about by enough people that start to believe places like New York and Miami are better destinations than Houston. Thats just the way the world works when it comes to perceptions. I know you take that to mean clutchfans but I am talking big picture fanbase and perceptions starting to be put out there about Rockets and its organization. Some of them false.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gotcha. That's better, but I still think you way overestimate the degree to which an Internet forum (even one as great as ClutchFans) can influence the larger perception.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

:)Probably.

Just a thought.

Our words arent really that unimportant as people think on the internet. Thats just what other people tell others to shut them up. So it doesnt spread that train of thought to others and they start to say the same things too.

Am I right that if a troll keeps coming in and says to fire Rick Adelman. Others wont start to hear his argument if the team isnt winning and others join in? Soon it becomes a larger group of people pointing out he doesnt manage players well.. Then even larger as they see many others make their points??

Just a thought.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You realize that Toyota is a Japanese brand right? lol...

7. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

I saw this in the ESPN magazine, they also had the highest paid players per country for 2010, salaries only. China had Yao Ming for 17.7 million......

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i think they factor in the rockets paying tmac the highest salary in the league a season ago, which they recovered from insurance if I'm not correct.

To make such a correlation between franchises I'm guessing they take 5+ years into account. And in that time they had 40 million on the bench with insuanrance benefits.

sorry for the ignorance if I'm wrong, I don't know too much about salaries.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Due to past history , ironically I think this may be one of the best posts I've read in a while, apart from the personal attack lol.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea, this is what I had in mind, and they did receive close to 80% in compensation due to the insurance policy.

Highest paid player at 22 million for the last season or two under his contract , one of the reasons why he was the biggest asset in terms of expiring at the time.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That FC Barcelona is #1 isn't really surprising, they may well be the best club team ever assembled in the history of sport, the yankees are well the yankees, but for the most part, the nba makes a much larger amount of revenue vs the number of players than most near any sport and the pay shows it.

12. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

ESPN used net income figures for European clubs and gross salary incomes for American clubs. So the ranking is total BS whether you like it or not.

13. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

ESPN didn't do this research, you terrible troll. It was the European company Sporting Intelligence that compiled the list.

If you're going to troll at least be funny or have a point, instead of your usual moronic statements.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The same thing can be said about Bob Mcnair. Ahem Ahem :p