1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Williams could be had and help this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

link

do you guys think Eric Williams could help this team? I think he could be the perfect guy to give T-Mac 10~12min. breath. he played very well for the Nets before traded to the Raptors and isn't happy in Toronto. I think he's a poor man of Artest or a richman of Rybo: solid defender who can score some and knock down open shot, a very tough guy. how about Moochie's expering contract + 2 second round picks? we then bring back JL3? if they willing to throw in Mo Pete than I'd upgrade our offer to Swift+Wesley+2 second picks. with Chuck & Lonny and Howard keeps hitting the 18 footers we should use Swift as trade bait to upgrade our backcourt - ASAP!! replace DWes/Bowen with Mo Pete/E. Williams is a big upgrade especially for the future, I hope Swift+expering contract+2 2nd rd. picks could make it happan.

Yao Ming, Baxter, Deke
    C. Hayes, Howard, Bowen
    McGrady, Williams, Barry
    Peterson, Head, Anderson
    R. Alston, Sura, Norris

or

Yao Ming, Baxter, Deke
    C. Hayes, Howard, Swift
    McGrady, Williams, Barry
    Wesley, Head, Anerson
    R. Alston, Sura, JL3

just think we should keep improve the team wether or not we make the playoffs this season.

2. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Williams for Mooch would be a nice little deal to add depth. Realistic.

Tmac's should get a little help. Don't want to overwork his back if he can get a decent defender to back him up. EW can play some 2, and help on D, also.

I think we'll keep D. Wesley's expiring to pay for Yao's raise.

I agree Swift should be trade bait. I think the Rox brass aren't going to admit he's a bust, though. Same with Alston.

Things to do for next year :

Replace Sura, Anderson, Wesley, Barry, Moochie with backcourt starters
    Get Tmac better help than Rybo
    Find a true power forward.

3. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I wonder if Toronto would want Moochie?

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

the guy is 34.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

and moochie does nothing. good trade IMO.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Who the hell is that?

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I think he's a Basketball Player

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

EW is probably the most often injured player in NBA history.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd do a deal if it included Mo Pete for say, Swift and Moochie. Especially if nothing else materializes. Both of those guys are on 1 year deals, so next year they are again expiring. They either pan out, or they expire, or we trade them next year for another upgrade.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

no... I believe that is Derek Anderson :p

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If we are going to move Swift or go after somebody, since Artest is now out of the mix, I think at this point, we should go after Harrington in exchange for Swift and whatever. We need a 3rd scorer as well as a defender. Yeah, he's expiring, but we'd have his Bird rights and if he wants to go to Chicago after the season, they'd have the pieces to make a trade happen with us.

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

We really do need a backup SF, and Eric Williams is a very good backup. I don't know what we would give the Raptors though. We could offer Moochie, but why would they want him?

I've been over the other rosters in the league and I just don't see anything worthwhile out there that we could actually afford. I think the Roxs are just going to wait to get healthy.

Would anyone here trade Swift and Head for Al Harrington?

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Harrington is a FA at the end of the season so I would stay away. He could help but the chance of him bolting and leaving us with nothing exists.

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

no way, DA is.