1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Has played awful basketball all year. He’s “hurt”. He’s chucking. He’s been a diva this year. Maybe his worst year statiscally, certainly as a rocket. He’s turned down an extension. He’s not having any fun. He’s not 3 point champ. He’s not 6th man of the year. He’s a 6’4” “forward” who is beating rims and referee ears to death.

Ryan Anderson got lambasted and run out of town because of his salary. Is 4 million really the difference? Just want to know when a similar treatment is ok for Polly Preciouspants Eric Gordon?

Hey Eric Gordon.... play better basketball.

Aruba77, Denovo, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s sucked, but I hope he’s having fun

whiskeyred and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If and when he’s able to come off of the bench and play the two, he’ll be fine.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I agree he could (and should) be playing better. However, even as he is this year so far, he's shown that he has the balls to attempt (and make) clutch shots. If he was playing at his career efficiency, I think the Rockets would have won a few more games, but the biggest difference between him and Ryno is his lack of fear and abundance of confidence.

If he returns to how he was the last few years, I'd be super happy, though. I believe in EGo and I think he'll reward us when the stakes are highest.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Currently 16 pts a game but shooting an abysmal 39% (FG%) and 32% (3P%). If Melo shot those
    totals he would have been run off......oh he didn’t shoot that bad (41%FG%/ 33% 3P%)...and was run off?

I can get anyone shooting slightly over 40% to take more shots to get us more than that 16 pts a game.

It’s called being more efficient.

rm365 likes this.
  7. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

There is no such thing as "chucking" in the Rockets offense. If the three was open when it was shot (and in James and GG's cases, even if not) then that was a successful possession.

I think calling him a 'diva' is unfair if he made one complaint about not having when when it was obvious no one was having fun while losing.

EG is a perfect fit in the system, the issue is that he's missing shots. The question is, will he progress to the mean, or is this the new normal?

You make a good point about his contract vs. Anderson, but EG plays much better in our switching defense scheme, and I think that's why he doesn't catch as much flak in here. If he progresses to 36 or 37% on 3pt, he's great for this team. If not... yeah.

BigMaloe, IvanLCPM, rm365 and 5 others like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Eric was in the corner alot more when Ryan Anderson was on the team Anderson not being there seems to have disrupted something with Eric

9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Since he came back from injury he's shooting 36.3% on 8.3 3s a game, which is more like it. If we're trying to be a better regular season team he's probably our best/only trade chip, but he makes big, game winning shots and has proven it in the playoffs. That's tough to give up

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm torn.

1. Gordon is a stud defender who keeps us in games even when his shot isn't falling. And on offense, he stays aggressive and keeps looking for ways to score. Those two things are why you should never confuse him with Ryno.

2. The two main reasons we're a weaker team this year than last year are substantially worse seasons from CP and Gordon.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Really unfair to Gordon. Trying to paint him in the most unfavorable light. I don't see him as a malcontent. I think he is important to the team.

People around here just want to pout about everything.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think the difference is the salary. I think it's that he did produce at a high level his first couple years and so he's getting some benefit of the doubt. But I agree. He's been awful and at some point he has to be held accountable. I don't actually expect him to be back with the Rockets next season.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

EG has been the most overrated Rocket on the GARM since he arrived...he’s a chucker, and I think his BBIQ isn’t all that high...his yelling after every single drive is annoying AF...I honestly don’t like him all that much, but I root for him since he’s on the team

putting him in the same paragraph as scrub Ryno is so ridiculous that there’s no way u can be serious...Ryno was 20 mil on the bench chilling with courtside seats for playoff games...EG isn’t useless like he was, not even close

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

All he does is whine whine whine no matter what
    And every time he drives to the basket
    His hands go up
    And they stay there
    And he says where's the foul
    And they stay there
    Up down, up down, up down
    'Cause all he does is whine whine whine
    And if you goin' in put your hands in the air
    Make 'em stay there

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Almost every thread in the GARM is a dig at something. I have been clicking off the Clutchfans tab a lot lately.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

JJ Redick has 1+1 years 36 million contract at age 33. Is Morey willing to give him 2 years extension at 36 million at age 31?

If not, Gordon has to be traded next season.

Shumpert 1 year deal at 5 million plus first round pick for a rookie contract.
    Deal Gordon/first round pick for another rookie contract.
    Build a good team from 2020-2025, rebuild the team in 2026.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

he is shooting too good from three for Morey to sign him.

MichaelSpartan likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Way Way Wat too tough on EGo. I believe he will morph back into EGod.

And man, is there anyone questioning his effort? Sometimes pressing too deeply into getting himself going he ignores others w/easier shots (oh, yeah, JEHjr is finding his A's are down 'cause those shots are not going down).

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

If he demands 2 year 36 million contract. He has to be traded, otherwise he walks for nothing.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This thread is NOT FUN enough.

farhen likes this.