1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon showing flashes of superstarism

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 11, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont think of to while driving, in fact i think his tos rarely ever happen when he drives (ok perhaps they do when he is looking for the opening to drive tho), but they mostly occur when he is trying fancy/long/into traffic passes or while dribbling the ball

2. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

ego def playing around an allstar level this year. At his worst he's a good role player, at his best, you'd think we have a big 3 out there.

One thing that's obvious this year is that his percentage of 3s taken versus drives taken has significantly shifted. If I had to guess it's moved somewhere from like 75/25 (3s to drives) to 45/55. I think he's taking a personal challenge to get it closer like that though sometimes I almost wish it'd be near like 60/40 or 65/35 so that his 3s would open up all our drives even more. Or maybe I'm afraid he'll put too much strain on himself so early on when he should be saving that burst for the playoffs.

#242 HewbieTrippin, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think Gordon is just more comfortable in this system than last season.

He played pretty good last year but this season he’s a totally different player.

He’s dribbling the ball a lot more taking step back threes, he’s using hesitation dribbles to attack the paint, and when he gets there he’s finishing at a high clip from all angles with his left or right hand.

The guy is a professional scorer.

His assist have surprised me. IMO it’s a product of playing for MDA but it’s nice to see none the less.

I really think if EG was on another team were he was the man or atleast the bonafide 2nd option. He would avg. 25 ppg.

The only thing that does worry me is that we have extensive evidence this year that he plays better as a starter.

Doesn’t matter if he’s playing with James or Chris. He just does everything at a higher level when he starts the game.

I hope when he returns to his bench role he can somehow keep this relentless attack up because its a huge luxury to have.

Teams get bombarded with harden to start the game then he goes to the bench and EG comes in and picks up scoring wise we’re harden left it. Plus cp3 is running around doing his thing.

Major major luxury no team in the league has. The guard rotation is our edge as well as 3 elite wing defenders.

We’ll see in the playoffs if it’s enough.

D-rock, mockster and hakeem94 like this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

Another near 30 point game for Gordon.

He will be the difference maker in the playoffs for us. Dude is basically our 3rd star by default.

I like that he doesn’t coward down to harden or Paul and isn’t afraid to be like “chill I got this”

Saw a couple times harden calling for the ball and Gordon was like nah and made the bucket

Mr. Dominant, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden needs to become more of a "Go Get It player" more consistently versus being the, "let it come to me" type player. I'm ready to see this guy play hungrier.

Mr. Dominant and mockster like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. mockster

mockster Member

I swear Eric Gordon will be the reason we win anything. This dude is between great role player and all star. He has his bad nights but he’s one of the few guys in the team with similar skill sets to harden and Paul

His ability to score in a hurry, make clutch shots and occasionally create some plays. His defense isn’t too bad and like harden great at getting his hands on the ball.

If Gordon can bring his A game in playoffs we really have a great chance at the chip

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I knew the kid could throw it in from anywhere. I knew he was a great athlete. I didn't know he was this capable or willing of a defender.

Dude was just an excellent signing. We've almost gotten our money's worth out of his contract already.

mockster and don grahamleone like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree! Let's hope he brings the A game in the playoffs, because when he is in a funk it isn't pretty, and he has had a few really ugly bad streaks. On the flip side, when he is hot he is really good, which is what we will need when James needs a rest during the playoffs..

mockster and don grahamleone like this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not sure how this would be possible. Man leads the league in ISO possessions and usage already.

D-rock likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ego's defense potential prior to his injuries were pretty highly rated. Injuries really hurt his natural development.

Plowman, D-rock and eric.81 like this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

SPLASH GORDON DOING IT ALL!

mockster likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The real X Factor among all of the past fake X Factor threads.

D-rock and mockster like this.
  14. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Ariza terrible D on rivers

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  15. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

It changes everything when hes playing well for us ....
    Night and day

mikol13 and Cash Cam like this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

he was the man tonight

mikol13 likes this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This is a completely dominant team when Gordon is on.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. houston19519

houston19519 Member

He was unbelievable.. I hope the team sees when Gordon gets cooking.. We destroy teams!

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, I knew this thread would get revived from the dead after Gordon finally stopped playing like an absolute scrub

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why can't you be more consistent Gordon?? We would wreck the Warriors if we get superstar Gordon for a aeries