1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon odd man out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Aug 21, 2017.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

If our roster were to stay as it is, then Gordon is more important this upcoming season than he was last season.

With Harden or CP3 on the court at all times (Harden effectively swapping between SG and PG duties), Gordon is even more important as he will be backing up Harden, while also playing with him at the same time. He'll probably average 30 minutes as a 6th man since we don't have any 2nd string worthy SG or PG right now. In some cases, PJ might be able to play SG against bigger teams maybe.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  2. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL. You beat me to it. Good one!

alethios likes this.
  3. BackdoorHarden

Need EG for the bench with Sweet Lou gone

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

These -----s dont even understand how much damage there doing to there brains. I just came out of the coma, and i relise Ketchup ****ing sucks. seriously...

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. mockster

mockster Member

I by no means want Eric gordan" gone, the post only referred to him not being seen with the squad at all.

Just a bit surprising but someone noted he was overseas

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Eric Gordan probably won't be traded, but let's be real, he's no Michael Jordon

7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

F*** it. Trade Eric Gordan if that is what it takes to get Melo.

Harden
    Paul
    Ariza
    Melo
    Capela

and Eric Gordon
    Tucker
    Luc
    Nene
    Black

Off the bench is nice.

wonder if Eric Gordan and Eric Gordon are like Chris and Cliff Paul?

DonKnock, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  8. SORF

SORF Member

Native Hoosiers tend to migrate "home" to Indiana in the off season. He probably spent the summer boating or lounging on Morse Reservoir after his BB workout.

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? All you guys didn't know his name was Eric Gordan? You've been calling him Gordon all this time? Hahahahaha

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Have you tried catsup? It's better.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

*Gordon

DonKnock likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't want us to trade Eric Gordän, unless it is for Draymond Grün.

DonKnock and T for 3 like this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

Gordan*

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Or did it start out fanny?

15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...k=f8d02fb01dac3c2a4597584ebcddf976-1503426289

Couldn't copy body on my phone.

Edit:
    ERIC Gordon entered this off-season with a renewed vigour.
    The Rockets guard came off arguably the best season of his career, having been revitalised by the offensive stylings of his new head coach, Mike D’Antoni.

The fast pace of the Rockets led to Gordon’s impressive offensive output throughout the 2016-17 season, and, for a player whose career has been stalled by injuries, the 28-year-old finally had the opportunity to enter the off-season unwounded, with a plan to get better, as opposed to focusing on overcoming another setback.

Gordon now has a different sense of urgency. He knows that, with the addition of Chris Paul, he’s a part of a team that has the potential to win a championship, and he’s doing everything in his power to make sure he’ll be as effective as possible in a system that worked so well for him just a season prior.

“Since our expectations are so high this season, I started training a little bit earlier,” Gordon told foxsports.com.au.

“I’ve lost weight, trimmed a little bit of weight to make sure I have a great start to the season, to be able to run around all day, for all 82 games. We play a very fast-paced style. Last season was good and, because I was healthy, I played a lot of games.

[​IMG]
    James '100 per cent' leaving

0:44
    “Next year, I might play just a couple more minutes, so I just wanna be more consistent, as far as knocking down shots without being tired.”

Those extra minutes will come as a result of the Rockets losing Lou Williams, as well as the lack of depth at the two-spot. With Paul and James Harden likely to share the ball-handling duties, Gordon will be tasked with playing alongside them, bringing his premier three-point shooting and underrated athleticism to the table.

With the presence of two ball-dominant guards, many have questioned how the new-look Rockets will gel, but Gordon sees nothing wrong with having arguably two future hall-of-famers playing side-by-side.

“I’ll get easier shots with those guys on the floor,” Gordon said.

“They’re both playmakers; they both draw a lot of attention. I’ll be open a little bit more than I was last year, and that’s the beautiful thing about it.

“The only one who’ll have to make a real adjustment is James, because Chris is gonna be the point guard. He’s definitely gonna be the point guard and, when he’s out of the game, James will be the point guard. They’re both gonna have the ball evenly throughout the game, and it’s going to be easy sailing.”

[​IMG]
    Eric Gordon with Israel Folau.Source: News Corp Australia
    Gordon has the opportunity to hurry along Paul’s potential learning curve. Now reunited — after the two were on separate ends of a blockbuster 2011 trade — the nine-time All-Star, who’s new to D’Antoni’s offensive system, is in the same position Gordon was at this point in 2016.

The veteran coach, known as an offensive savant, of sorts, is widely credited for bolstering the Rockets, and Harden, team’s star player. D’Antoni has also been a part of Gordon’s rejuvenation, and the Indianapolis-native believes Paul can only succeed in Houston.

“This offence can be really simple for Chris, because it’s all about making quick decisions,” Gordon said.

“He’s gonna get a lot more open shots, and he’s gonna have the ball a lot more, as far as easy assists. Everything’s gonna happen a little bit faster and quicker for him.

“When you have a guy like Chris, who’s a great playmaker, it makes things even easier. Of course, you want to play fast. James was the point guard last year and we played fast. Of course, he learned to be a very good passer. When you have two passers on the floor, and guys who can be dynamic while we’re playing fast, it makes things even easier for everyone.”

Gordon was one of the ultimate beneficiaries of having an elite playmaker like Harden on the floor, with his 37.2 percent shooting from beyond the arc seeming low, considering his impressive output.

Defending the Sixth Man of the Year award is a goal for Gordon, and he has every chance to do that with the opportunities expected to come his way. The NBA’s three-point contest crown is also something Gordon possesses, and he has every desire to retain that ‘as long as he can’, too, starting with the 2018 event in Los Angeles.

“Being a sixth man wasn’t a struggle at all. That’s why I won Sixth Man of the Year; I wanted to win that,” Gordon said. “That was the role I wanted to take. I thought that, if I come off the bench, it’ll make us a better team. I wanna defend it, I definitely wanna win it next year, and accomplish the same goals I did this year.

Gordon, ever so confident, wasn’t finished: “I also want to be an All-Star.”

#75 Bobsputin, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  16. mockster

mockster Member

Man this is music to my ears. Appears the whole team is taking this all very seriously and putting in extra work

I liked his comment at the end other time gen trying to retain his sixth man title he also wants to be An "all star" love his drive and high goals

He could end up doing it to

HakeemOnlyFan and Bobsputin like this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Bump for Edit. Added Body of article.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

He does look slimmer no?

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gordon is really advertising himself well as a trade asset. Kudos.

sammy likes this.
  20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Eric looking a little slim.