1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Gordon injury thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I'm a big fan of Gordon, but this is why we need another playmaker. He's bound to go down with injury at some point this season.

seeingred likes this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

All the DMo stans said he's a playmaker but less than 24 hours later we need another one?

Which one is it?

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm honestly surprised he lasted this long without something happening

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Glad to hear he expects to play in the next one.

Dude just gets hurt. Every year he goes down with some kind of injury. Not sure if its just really bad luck or if he doesnt deal with pain well. Hopefully this year breaks the cycle because we need his punch badly.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He rarely got hurt before getting to NOLA and a proper training regimen can have a huge impact on injury risk. The Pelicans have one of the worst training set ups in the league

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/15179914/new-orleans-pelicans-season-injury

Check this article out it's extremely informative

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are probably misremembering how average Brooks was because he won MIP and had quite a few highlight plays. Lowry's advanced stats were always more favorable than Brooks was, Brooks couldn't play defense, wasn't a great passer, couldn't drive in and finish and wasn't an efficient scorer either. None of these things translate to a productive player,but he got his because Houston at the time was a middle of the pack team and Brooks had the green light. It was when Lowry proved that he could do everything better than Brooks that basically nailed Brooks back on the bench, and after leaving Houston most teams didn't have use for his skillsets because he had way too many holes in his game.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This is all past based. Different system, different organization with the best doctors and trainers in the league. The man sprained his ankle and walked off on his own and I guarantee he will get the best ice money can buy.

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Pray for him. Your best move as a fan. Send him get well note. He'll feel better and heal faster.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

One thing with Morey that I don't agree with is he doesn't believe in reducing the minutes of his stars. I remember he explained it as that there's no scientific evidence that an extra 3 to 5 minutes of play leads to injuries, given how much players train/practice also.

But I believe that sports science is probably pointing the other way. Teams like Spurs, Clippers and even the lowly Nets are sitting players voluntarily (in Nets case, Brook Lopez on back to backs with no apparent injury concern).

We should sit Gordon a game or two now that Bev is back. If we can work DMo back into the rotation in a few weeks, maybe Anderson as well.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm concerned with the promiscuous discussion here about the "I" word, and particularly the frivolous way some of you carrying on. It's bad juju. Bad juju, people. Less said about the subject as it relates to the Rocks, the better, in my humble and superstitious opinion.

13. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Keith Jones really needs to get on his ****, and rehab Gordon to the max. Need some of that Bev juju.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's been in the league 9 years now, and he's only played more than 64 games once, and that was his rookie year. He only played 62 and 56 games his 2 years before getting traded to NO.

Like I said , hopefully that changes this year, but his injury trend predates the NO training staff

15. BigMaloe

In all fairness Brooklyn is reducing his b2bs and minutes because they want to trade him. He's the absolute only piece that can get them a decent draft pick/trade package.

But still this seems to me as an outdated Morey quote? We are resting Nene on b2bs and have been outward about reducing hardens minutes per game

amaru likes this.
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Rondae is a beast, aswell. He could net them a decent pick or a couple of vets.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

One freak ankle sprain that wasn't even his fault and you guys are acting like the sky is falling.

"Only a matter of time."

"Knew his injury was coming."

Let's stop blowing this out of proportion. He's been healthy. It was just a freak ankle sprain. Nothing to see here.

BMoney and YOLO like this.
  18. BigMaloe

Yes he's an interesting player and otw to being a solid player, hence they wouldn't trade him. They are devoid of young talent and assets. Rondae is all they have.

Brook Lopez is they only thing that could help their rebuild. They have targeted role players in fa. Lin, booker etc.. Because they could potentially boost their value and trade to a contender for picks.

Even the RFA they tried signing like crabbe, dmo etc... Was in part to become somewhat competitive and create assets, even if all they yield is late 1st early 2nd rd picks.

#118 BigMaloe, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Losing the hottest dude on the team for any stretch is going to hurt our chances. Now the hottest dude is gonna come back out of shape and his game won't be as efficient.

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I think Gordon is a beast for taking a nudge like that from Beverly. Considering what Beverly did to Russell Westbrook.