1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon: Extend? Trade? Stay the course?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 30, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno man, I think EG is a sentimental guy he might take 16.8m/4 just cuz he hates going out of his comfort zone. This is the main reason he signed for only 15M in the first place, he wanted to be with his buddy Ryan Scrubberson.

Regardless if they can keep EG they should do it, EG is the same age as Harden and WB and he fills a role as their very efficient 3rd option. Not many players of his caliber are happy being the Chris Bosh or OKC Harden of a big 3.

banzai, randerson and brosef like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder how many teams are proected to have 20/25M in cap space, some of those are probably going to be rebuilding teams like Atlanta, New York, but i don't think these teams will "waste" that money on 31 years old Gordon.

D-rock and Relativist like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are not going to extend anyone I will bet until we see if this works out.

DD

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't forget about his defense - He's a big part of why they can hide Harden on 3's & 4's instead of 1's and 2's for so much of the game.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If the rockets were smart, you get you a SF, and PF who could mesh well with harden and west, and take that pick use it this year, because you try to find that next guy who could develop in 4 years once this harden and westbrook thing doesnt work anymore where there what 34 or 35? Just saying.

Would the suns give up Bridges and Johnson, could be good future players.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5guevv6 Could always throw in Hartenstein if they need depth at PF.

Eg in suns starting at sg, and move maybe
    Rubio, Gordon, Tyler, Kamisky, Ayton. Seems like a up coming team. better than last place lol. Could win alot more ball games.

This is were gordon can beome a true allstar, see if he takes his game to next level.

#185 Le$$, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EG has already been there. Now, he needs to play within himself..in his role.. to maximize efficiency, and most importantly, to minimize the massive downside risk of injury.

There's the whole major talent deal.. he's capable of/can do....getting paid based off of that.

But, also...what is best for him...and, his team?

Whether it's here or not, I don't see EG going to a bad team...but, to a winner that can showcase and get the most out of his abilities.

I'd like to see him stay here, as 6th man, with us having a true, dependable 3.

Doesn't seem to fit with us... needing moar..and his contract extension.

Unless.....

#186 Plowman, Aug 27, 2019
    RayRay10 likes this.
  7. biff17

biff17 Member

Devin Booker is their starting shooting guard.I

What happens to him?

8. Fantasma Negro

So what you are saying is, now is the best time to trade him

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Chamillionaire

Both Westbrook and Harden will be looking for him. This is his contract year. He's gonna ball out this year.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

His defense is undersized now that we got Brodie and Rivers to guard the 1 and 2 imo. A traditional wing 3nD would actually be better as we need somebody who can guard the lebrons and Kawhis. However EG's offense is so good I can put up with his undersized wing D so if I'm MDA/Turner I will make WB, who acts like he is 6'3 but who is really 6'5 and built like a tank, the one to guard the wing while EG will guard the better guard.

Now that I think about it WB's real height of 6'5 and Klay Thompson's real height of 6'5 are around the same so he should have no problem guarding SFs just like Klay. It also fits WB's die hard and aggressive mentality to guard the other team's star forward you can set him loose like a rabid dog at the opponent.

#190 roslolian, Aug 27, 2019
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Remember y’all, HOUSTON is where EG got healthy and got productive. Rockets have an awesome medical staff. Anywhere else, EG would have been out of the league with injuries a long time ago. Look at what happened in GS.... Kalyan our, boogie out, Durant out, curry constantly injured.

RayRay10 and Plowman like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So.....EXTEND it is! Good.

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. deshen

deshen Member

How many people still like this extension for Eric Gordon. It never stops surprising me how many fools are here and in front office.

14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Go to sleep
    Your brain "are lack of" IQ

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We need to trade Eric Gordon for that real 3rd star or a guy that is underrated but plays at a star level alongside Westbrook and Harden. The reality is Harden and Westbrook aren't being traded.

baller4life315 and True Rocket like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I agree. We should trade non-stars for stars. I have no idea why Morey hasn't done this yet.

red5rocket, GotGame15, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Because the other teams are hoping to do it to him... like Sam Presty.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Never did. I’ve been wanting to trade him for a while now.

deshen likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kevin Martin Fool's Gold and fillers for James Edward Harden.

baller4life315 likes this.
  20. mightybosstone

Also the Chris Paul trade.

daywalker02 and baller4life315 like this.