1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon 3 pt that was waved off for a shot clock violation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, May 7, 2019.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Can someone answer this for me as I was at the game. In the 3rd quarter Austin Rivers drove and missed a layup that appeared to hit the rim, PJ got the rebound and kicked out to EG who hit a 3 but the shot clock never reset. They reviewed it and said no basket and it was a 24 hour shot clock violation. Are they not allowed to review if the clock should have reset or did Rivers layup even hit the rim?

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

He clearly missed the buzzer, but when I watched I thought the ball hit the rim. I was way too high to know for sure at the time though.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Yeah I'm not arguing that EGs shot was late but Rivers shot looked like it hit the rim and I am wondering if we were robbed of 3 points.

juanm34 likes this.
  4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Why even have a shot clock if it’s longer than the game?

crose, Blurr#7, AXG and 9 others like this.
  5. Lovemachine2000

Pretty sure the shot clock did reset to 14 seconds after the Austin Rivers miss, so no controversy here.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the clock did reset to 14. it was still a shotclock violation by houston by the time EG got the shot off.

he came right back down in the same spot and knocked one down anyway on the next play

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Definitely did not reset, I am trying to find it on the replay of the game from last night.

Edit: Found it, Rivers shot did not hit the rim so it didn't reset.

today, bro2044 and juanm34 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

it did reset. the rockets were scrambling when they got that possesion after the rivers miss. it wasn't just tipped out to EG. you're skipping everything that happened before that

9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

No, it did not reset.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I want to wave off human refereeing

11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Rivers layup never touched the rim

12. Lovemachine2000

My mistake, I mixed up this Rivers layup with another Rivers 3-point shot that grazed the rim - the shot clock was reset in that situation. But yeah, the Rivers layup clearly didn't hit the rim.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh. rivers air balled. ok. good thing EG came right back and got it on the next play

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Great point. So the Warriors and Kerr can shut up and shovel it. We had to earn every freaking point.