1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon odd man out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Aug 21, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

Ehhh, not really. Like I said, thru 3 quarters he's by FAR the best player statistically. But when key moments in the 4th quarter come, he's deferring to Channing Frye. I'd take KD over him

2. Mr Chuck Norris

I thought it was about Eric Gordon

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Oh god. Here we go with the "LeBron isn't clutch" Argument.

What is it? 2011? Are you gonna say next that LeBron can't shoot?

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You just don't want to remove your bias.

D-rock likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

@hakeemthagreat

This was a week ago, incase you're living under a rock.

D-rock likes this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

And ontop of that, @hakeemthagreat, we don't have Channing Frye. We have James Harden and Chris Paul. Don't you think that's just a weeee bit better than deferring to an over-the-hill stretch 4?

D-rock likes this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Is it good to replace him in ariza and ryno backup to let him play more times? I want eric to be average 20 plus shooter in this season

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He is great off the bench but ariza does need to play less minutes and be conserved for the playoffs very much like Nene.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

People have been calling that the LeF*ck You 3.

BigggReddd likes this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

@hakeemthagreat you watching this game? LeBron has 16 in the first quarter.

You saying you don't want LeBron on this team is basically saying "I don't want to beat the Warriors, I wanna get spanked in 5 by them every year till Paul and Harden are out of their prime"

11. hakeemthagreat

Correction. We have James Harden, CP3 & Eric Gordon coming off the bench. We also have a pretty good up & coming center. We dont need starpower to beat GS

glynch likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Maybe ur the one with bias

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

14. hakeemthagreat

Lebron's stats are incredible. But that doesn't give you a clear picture of his timidness in crucial playoff situations. Dude does not want that last shot. KYRIE IRVING is the one who bailed them out game 7 their 1st championship in Cleveland. Kyrie was their best player down the stretch of games. Lebron is a diva. If he wins he expects everybody to give him the KING treatment, if he loses he'll be looking elsewhere to see whoelse he can team up with next. I don't want that circus here

15. koby1868

koby1868 Member

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

@hakeemthagreat is the same dude that wanted to trade Harden for Lillard this summer and thought Josh Smith was still good because he scored an “easy 18” on 7-21 shooting against Utah this preseason...Josh Smith then got signed by the Pelicans and waived after like 2 weeks because in actuality he’s not good and should be playing in China

17. riko

riko Member

Well another numbskulls here wanted to trade Harden for the likes of Jimmy Butler so nothing suprises me. In fact one numbskull opened a thread dedicated to trading Harden for Butler.

Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Every bluemoon, the vastly uninformed poster we know as Reeko comes back out of hiding using the same talking points. To put in proper context, after James Harden QUIT last year's playoffs someone asked me who could we trade him for, I said Damian Lillard. In that post I clearly said Harden's the better player but we know Lillard won't quit on us come postseason. Also Josh Smith is still better than Zhou Qi, who REALLY is not that good & should be playing in China. Keep chasing boxscores my friend

19. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

You're making a lot of cheeky comments for someone not using stats properly. Check for last 5 minutes of the game http://www.nbaminer.com/clutch-time-stats/ of last year in both regular season and playoffs.

Lebrick James is at the bottom of superstars, even below Westbrick in eFG% in the last 5 minutes. If you look at his overall career, he's been a choke artist when it counts most. That being said, I do think he's improved a lot in his last few years. But just like Kobe Bryant, just because you shoot 100 game ending shots, it don't mean squat if you have highlight reel of 10.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

another dumb post by u...trading Harden for Lillard is stupid, period...I don’t care what dumbass qualifiers u try to use

lol, now you’re talking about Smoove being better than Zhou Qi when the original discussion is that he wasn’t better than Tucker, Moute, Nene, or Black which still remains true...now you’re reaching for irrelevant points because u know u having nothing to say

u need to start watching games and substantially increase your basketball knowledge, because everything u say can pretty much be disregarded...I’m sure Josh Smith will get plenty of opportunities to score his “easy 18 points” on 7-21 shooting in China