1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe anyone???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I think Paul is happy with the Clippers and being in LA with Blake and D'Andre in the folder. I think he will be there for the long hall.

You have a good point though.

2. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I cant imagine CP3 leaving Lob City. It just makes his job as a PG so much easier with so many guys on the team that can play above the rim. Also Blake is his son's favorite player.

I don't know their cap situation, but I assume they'll do whatever it takes to keep CP3, so they might have to let Bledsoe go.

3. BreakYoSelfFool

Eric Bledsoe was untouchable even when trading for Chris Paul, so....

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

IF Bledsoe were to come to the Rockets, Lin probably gets traded and another backup PG for cheap would be on the team. Lin gets to backup Chris Paul and becomes one of the main guys off the Clippers bench. However, I think Clippers only let Bledsoe go if either he gets a contract that Sterling does not want to pay or there's a deal on the table that increases their chances at a championship. A contract starting at $10+ mill per year might just do that, but that also depends if Houston is willing to pay that as well.

Sterling is also one of those owners that would probably love to have Lin, if he doesn't want to pay Bledsoe, to try and exploit Lin's fan base and market value in L.A.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Can anyone give me one reason that LAC would trade Bledsoe? They have him locked up for a couple of more years and then he is restricted. Plus the Clippers have a very good cap situation. All of their core players will be locked up for years once CP3 signs a new contract with them and they will still be well below the Luxery Tax Threshold unless they get crazy spending money.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Actually as I remember the Clips wanted to include Bledsoe in that deal and keep Eric Gordan but the Hornets would not do the deal unless it included Gordan instead of Bledsoe.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Damn if I was the hornets I would have demanded both instead of Aminu and Kaman

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Moray would never trade lin for Bledsoe.

9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Lin only has a 3 year deal and seeing the history of PGs being traded, Lin isn't any different. It all depends on how Lin improves as a player.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

That's silly. Bledsoe's value is way higher than Lin's.

11. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

The trade was most likely made in haste as the Hornets were looking to get trade Chris Paul already and Kaman just happened to be another big expiring. They also had Jarret Jack and Greivis Vasquez at the PG spot already. The Rockets could have demanded to keep one of the 1st round draft picks or Jeremy Lamb as well, but both teams got what they really wanted.

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Another thing is that Lin got signed because there weren't many other PG options left and it happened before the Harden trade. I don't think Lin gets traded this season, but that doesn't mean he is untouchable.

13. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Bledsoe = Nate Robinson 2.0

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

True statement.

Now I'll wait for a mob of angry LOFs to come busting through my door.

15. NotChandlerParsons

Interesting. On the other hand, if Les wants to dig into his pockets, we could sign him to a Portland/Millsap style frontloaded contract. Donald Sterling is incredibly cheap...might just be able to wrest him away like that.

16. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

1. Bledsoe's contract is worthier than Lin, but Lin is a better player than Bledsoe.
    2. Clippers won't trade Bledsoe for cheap.
    3. Bledsoe is looking for starter minute, and he is willing to be a back-up for Lin.
    4. Bledsoe is even more harden like. He is not a pass-first point guard, and he is a bad 3pt shooter as well.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Some of you guys are seriously overrating bledsoe

TD MPG- 20 - PPG 8.7 - APG 2 - RPG 1.9 - STLPG .9 - TO 1.4 - FG 40 - 3PT 40
    EB MPG- 18 - PPG 8.4 - APG 2.6 - RPG 2.6 - STLPG 1.5 - TO - 1.8 - FG 46 - 3PT 34

In 2 less mins, he gets .6 more assist, .7 more boards, .6 more steals, . 4 more TO, 6% better fg, 6 % worst 3pt%.

Also remember how horribly TD started the season, im sure if i cut out his fist month or 2 his stats would be much better, anyways point is, bledsoe is on TD level, TD is on bledsoe's level. Stop overrating him.

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I wish both LOF and LOH will just stop trolling each other.

19. Gil

Gil Member

No ones taking Lin off our hands for 8m a year. We're stuck with him for the next 3 years.

20. CCM721

CCM721 Member

What a flawless method of evaluating players you have here. Truly innovative.