1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe anyone???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

I would take Beverley over Bledsoe

2. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I had to dig up this thread because I'm still seeing people posting Bledsoe trades.

Stats when starting (small sample size)
    2012 first 2 games 11/21 .52, 5.0 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.5 tpg, 16.5ppg
    2012 last 2 games 6/23 .26, 4.0 rpg, 3.0 apg, 2.5 spg 2.5 tpg 7.0 ppg
    2012 all 4 games 17/44 .39, 4.5 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.3 spg, 2.0 tpg 11.8 ppg

Career stats when starting 30 games (including 4 this season)
    fg/fga % 3p/3pa % ft/fta %
    105/245 .43 12/39 .31 50/60 .83, 3.7 rpg, 5.6 apg, 1.3 spg, 3.2 tpg, 9.1 ppg

Most of his starts were in his rookie year 2010. Small sample size, but there is no real indication he's going to be star PG.

Since he's only playing 19 min pg you need to look @ his per 36 min stats for this season to see how they might scale as a starter.
    5.3 rebounds is very good for a PG
    5.1 assists is average. You would expect 8 or higher for an above average PG.
    2.9 steals is elite
    3.4 turnovers is a bit high, Harden is 3.5
    16.3 points is good. CP3 is 17.9, Conley 13.7, Dragic 15.7, Lin 13.0, Vasquez 14.9, Calderon 14.1
    Note that his career per 36 min pts is 12.1, he's doing better this year but it could be an indication that the Clippers are much better this year than in the past.

I would say he's a raw talent who shows flashes of great potential, but there really isn't any guarantee that he'll be a great starting PG. I'm sure some teams will take a chance with him, but also it might be smarter for other teams to draft a PG with potential.

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Great post with the numbers and all. I think my entire point in creating this post was to debate whether bledsoe would be good competition for lin. Right now I think lin's confidence is shot. He has to pick it up, I mean if he continues to play like he is Patrick beverly will be our starting pg by the end of the season (barring trade or injury) I really think they are going to have to move him either before feb. trade deadline or surely in the summer.

Young guys like lin and bledsoe should not be handed starting roles, they should earn them and at this point in there careers neither of them should mind fighting for there role on the team.

No disrespect to Pat Bev, I think he has a chance to be good for us and carve out a nice NBA career, but the man is fresh off the plane from Russia in late dec, signed to the Rockets in early jan, had a d-league stint, and in just 3 games by late Jan and his play is already getting Lin benched and this man don't even know everybody's name on the team yet. Does anybody here think this would have happen if bledsoe was our pg? Lin needs more seasoning and competition from within the organization to improve his all around game.

4. nickg

nickg Member

Unless he can shoot the three, he would be wasted here as well.

5. tarantula

tarantula Member

Bledsoe plays such a great defense, and Beverly still hasnt proved himself, four games are not enough.

6. rob1

rob1 Member

yes please

7. Gil

Gil Member

Jesus, he's looked incredibly average since Paul went down.

Not sure he's ready to lead a team yet, he's still so raw.

8. Arthurprescott2

yea but thats a team full of knuckleheads. only paul can keep them together.

as for his individual stats im a bit disappointed but hes young. nbd.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ever hear the phrase, "the best time to buy is when there's blood on the street"? I hope his value tanks. I'll bet on Bledsoe's upside any day. At worst he's an outstanding defensive pg.