1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ENOUGH! "Buy the ticket, take the ride"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I posted this in another thread, but thought it warranted it's own.

All this crying, moaning, and groaning....Stop, take a deep breath and forget about it. Think about the big picture.
    I know we as sports fans live in the moment. That said, many of us longterm fans (older folks) have learned over the years to look at things from a geological perspective...and still get lost, not being able to see the forest for the trees. I know I'm guilty.

This was to be a sort of lame duck/work in progress (longshot to win it all) year...with the change from making $$$/rebuilding to reloading to a true title window.

This offseason/first half of the year, after Daryl handles MOST(of the rest)of the heavy lifting/finishing touches by bringing in another all star, a top tier hybrid 1/2 (or true PG), capable veterans who want rings at bottom of the barrel prices to play roles, and an elite coach...we'll be a true contender/ favorite....so take the pain a little longer...or sit back, ENJOY, and KNOW that we are on our way....that it's being done in a way that's never been done before.

JLin will be gone...Asik (atop 5 center him) will be gone...and so will most of our picks in the near future.

Thank Daryl (and, yes Les too)...enough of this nonsensical B.S.....

Get behind our HOUSTON ROCKETS, for these aren't tough times..They are days of grace.

Also, a natural sifting out process had already begun on our board. The cyclical nature of life is never more evident as it is here....We've been here before people. Millions of voices are crying out and about to be silenced....and a new day/old way is on it's way.

DO FEAR the Beard! He's going to be an all time great...just getting seasoning on an incomplete team right now..still very young.
    And look out for that monster Dwight Howard..He's baaaack! Both have been manning up and playing hurt without talking about it.

Go Rockets! Go Houston! Go Clutch City! Go Clutchfans!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Cheers,

CC/Hardwood Hammer/hardwood/Dr.Strangelove/Plowman

#1 Plowman, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wPkzxWPOy1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Plowman

Supporting Member

I love you too Dear.....I know the traffic's a bear, but would you be a doll and take out the trash on your way to work?

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I posted a very similar thing in another thread:

The future does look very bright indeed...i wish we could all just be ROF, Rockets Only Fans, & give constructive criticisms, factual feedback & less focused hatred towards players after 1 or 2 bad games.

We could possibly only have Harden, Howard, Parsons, Jones, Bev & Daniels from this squad back next season...with the possibility of Canaan, Covington & D-Mo also sticking around.

Lin & Asik are more than likely going to be traded...although if we can't get good picks or an All-Star or semi-All Star caliber player, I can see Morey keeping them.

I like both Lin & Asik, Lin is just not being used to his full capacity & Asik deserves more minutes.

Cisco & Casspi have not produced what we the fans have expected them to produce. I can't see them being in the long term plans of Morey & the Rockets.

Jordan Hamilton could stick if he has a good pre season, but has been inconsistent.

Powell? Me thinks he is filler or fodder.

Morey has been able to bring together two players that are arguably the best at their respective positions, a better coach would have been able to mesh their games together quicker, but it will come.

He has found gems such as Parsons, Daniels & Jones, as well as possible gems in Canaan, Covington & D-Mo. D-Mo just needs a little more time...I believe that he has the goods.

He brought over Lin & Asik who have both been very good.

This off-season & the next see some of the best players coming onto the market, if we can continue to produce 50+ win seasons & make some noise in the playoffs, that will make Houston a very comfortable destination for the potential Free agents to want to sign.

I'm still praying that we can stretch this series out to 7 ( & win ), get to the WCF and then make some big off season moves.

In Morey we trust...

1 person likes this.
  5. Plowman

Supporting Member

In with you on pretty much everything except Lin, love the promise of the next 5 years.

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Plowman, you're a voice of reason in this sea of hysteria. Each new group of CF members has to go through the same newbie reactions and conversations, and guys like you get to watch it happen over and over. Your perspective is a great reminder to be patient. Thanks. And, go Rockets!!

7. RCPM

RCPM Member

Thank God for my Oakleys!! :cool:

8. FeaR

FeaR Member

Awesome thread. I don't think anyone was expecting this team to reach WCF this year as many(posters) believed, i had lower expectations(Second round exit). Next year will be better.