1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter disowned by family, changes last name

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 10, 2016.

1. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

To keep this serious, I disagree with your statement. I've lived nearly half a normal life by now. I don't ever regret changing my name. Your name is you heritage I agree, but what I don't agree with is it's an essence of your existence. In the end, your essence of your existence is who YOU are. I changed my name, because I was nothing like my parents or my heritage. I'm my own person. I've done all I could to distance myself from them, and if I could do more, I would.

They're not criminals or anything of the like, but sometimes you're your own person, and vastly different than your family, parents, or even your heritage. As I've grown older, I find myself pushing farther away from my heritage. Not as a sign of rebellion, but just like Enes, sometimes you don't agree on faith, politics, and other important areas that are the basis of who you are as a person.

I apologize all for the seriousness, back onto something more fun. Who's got money on Harden being on the All-NBA team next year?! ;)

2. tksense

tksense Member

Yes sorry, i know, it's d&d territory, but it's semi-relevant to sports so pls forgive the little short talk here.

I'd like to argue that this is the more accurate perspective: we are lucky to live in the home of the biggest guns, so no one can mess with us, instead, we mess with and bully others.

If you read the link in my first post, it is our grand old US of A who is causing this chaos and unstability in turkey and throughout the ME region. Of course we're lucky that with our bullying, no one will come take over.

Our political system is the most stable because we have a auto-rotating change of regime every four years. Whatever bad things our government piles up, they simply hit refresh and restart as if nothing bad happened before because there will be the next POTUS to take the next four years of blame and so on.

Now is this freedom or a trap? Because bush = Obama = soon to be Clinton/(trump?) etc.

I agree that we have the most freedom but that's only from the freedom of free money and freedom of creating credits. More money more freedom, and get this: at the expense of other countries.

You realize all the national debt means we can freely spend and print, without any consequences? But if any other country do that, they'll have to bow down to Uncle Sam, IMF and the like. This system is not a system, this is a case of bigger gun and bigger mouth.

I don't know how y'all would take this view, but I believe it is the more accurate way to "appreciate" our powerful leaders.

Other countries don't have freedom more because they don't have free money and they don't have power to do what they want. Most countries can only succumb to America and be taken advantage of, for america's sake.

The alternative for Turkey today is to lean on Russia and Putin, which erdogan has already begun.

2 people like this.
  3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

^ standing ovation

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Wow you have been programmed! It's fascinating to read conspiracy posts - how the mind warps reality to fit what you've been programmed to believe. You will find like minds here: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/ but they are more Trump/Aliens/UFOs then just promoting stagnant anti-west pro-fundamentalist agenda. They love Putin though so that might get you in the conversation.

Toodles.

5. tksense

tksense Member

Hahaha, did I ever talk about aliens? Nope. All I did mention was basic facts, and a perspective based on these easily verifiable basic facts. Such as the national debt, and other countries' lack of the same freedom in money and power. It is not a belief, it is my perspective on known basic facts.

I can't believe this kind of shilling reply happens here. Sorry for attracting bs talks here which I did not expect. I just wanted to share a perspective.

1 person likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think tksense should join D&D , we sort of having shortage of informed contributions .awesome analogy by the way .

As for Enes and his family affair, he had chosen which side he wanted to be in.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

You've implemented your script to near perfection! Just like people who blame all Muslims for being terrorists!

Me too!

Such a Martyr! Remember blame is one sided and strictly western.

That was quick! You are attracted to basic, spinning wheels anti-west rhetoric like a moth to a flame!

8. tksense

tksense Member

I'm almost done here, as I'm not sure what is your purpose here slinging ad hominem and unrelated gibberish.

Just to be clear. I simply attributed our freedom to superior political powers that can be basically understood. We would love to sugar coat things for patriotism, but I did not say anything that is not already known.

Someone mentioned that other ppl follow their leaders blindly. I then questioned who isn't blind? For other countries, their leaders are their protectors.

However, USA is more than just protectors of US citizen, US takes over other countries to gain advantage, which in turn benefit our economy. Are you saying that I'm anti-west by stating the obvious?

Obviously I appreciate the freedom of having money and travels. However, having been to many places in the world, I view that this is actually the single biggest difference as far as our "freedom".

Claiming that I love freedom and I love living in a rich country, but also acknowledging why we're rich in the first place, is that anti-west? I am simply stating that I am not blind to what it took for USA to uphold this position of political superiority.

So are you denying the fact that US is going to wars everywhere, which almost everytime have nothing to do with protecting US citizens living in America?

I am simply stating I am not blind. You can be even more patriotic by fighting for national attention and budget domestically, fighting corruption, supporting good politicians and calling out bad ones etc. do some research, be objective, stay principled, think about what's important for your community, not how to hate foreign countries etc.

I argue that ignoring these issues is actually more anti-west. A true democracy is when politicians are elected to help improve our lives, and when they do bad things we can chastise them, and when the police is wrong, we can have a dialogue and be treated as respected citizens.

We can do better by not following the media's irrelevant and trivial personal attacks against rival candidates, like dui or love affairs or bad jokes, like how these matters in their jobs, and instead, check real facts and histories which the mainstream does not focus on. We can do better by taking care of ourselves and realize what we need as a community, without worrying about the issues irrelevant to our lives which mainstream media try to force upon us. Believe in your own lives and fight for what you really need in your community. We have a lot of great resources to live happy lives, and we are definitely lucky. we don't need to become sour haters. Ppl in other parts of the world lead much harder lives.

1 person likes this.
  9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think its BECAUSE Enes is in this free country, its seen as him having REFUGE and some protection AWAY from the hostility. And the name change is a show that he's taken a proactive step. Basically thinking "Man that SUCKS, but seems he'll be good".

If the news was just "Kanter's Family Disowns Him" and nothing ese, or the dangers threaten his availability to play and travel, then there would be a different more sympathetic reaction.

Just mere days before on Twitter Enes is all happy cheerleading and taunting on about "Westbrook is STAYING, SUCK IT!" It doesnt come across like he's all sad about things. And there's possible chance Enes might not be the "good" guy in this. Not saying he deserves jokes cuz it must be a painful situation. Its there wasnt enough reported "Enes is DEEPLY HURT AND FEARFUL" to respond so serious

10. nobie

nobie Member

Props to Enes, Turkey is turning in another muslim ****hole. But i would be scared for his safety, since there is this thing with Islam and honor killing...

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You literally know nothing about Turkey and the Turks.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They are like one of the most progressive of the Muslim countries.

13. Lovemachine2000

Much respect! It's funny that Mr. Joshfast automatically jumped to puerile personal attacks just because he can't handle an opinion that's different from his. He fails to see he's actually the "programmed" one.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Arrogant posts come off a little lot better when they're punctuated by some actual counter points. :cool:

15. nobie

nobie Member

oh god your mad, did i rustle your jimmies that bad?

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:eek: Jeez, what did your parents do to you?

17. blink52y

blink52y Member

Lets not go trashing religions now...

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It really is a beautiful thing when someone flaunts their ignorance

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I could not disagree more.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You rustled my jimmies with your use of your.