1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Canter thinks OKC will be better than HOU/GSW

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s3ts, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm genuinely shocked at how poor the Thunder are playing. I expected them to be a much bigger challenge, and perhaps they'll improve, but it's becoming obvious that their talent isn't clicking. Not sure if that's on Westbrook or Melo. I can't imagine George being the problem, though he hasn't had a great season either.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Their offense is broken and disjointed. It is more than just "needing to me to gel". They do not play together, they don't have a discernible system, NONE of their players make other players better.

Their offense is literally painful to watch

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Man, the last Dwight season I was shocked at how many times our group got out to talk BS with the reporters. If you ask me, that´s what I see on this OKC team. Every game they say the same things, it seems to me, without searching, they really are not a good group inside.

I´m happy to be #1 but I think there need to be more than one team challenging the warriors to beat them. I really hope they can figure it out, just a little bit before claiming the #2 seed.

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

They 100% put a chip in that fools head

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm not shocked. Westbrook may get buttloads of assists, but he's still a selfish player. In that 3OT game against the Sixers, there were plays at the end of Q4 and the first OT where PG had open looks and Russ decided to drive the lane instead. It's almost like he makes up his mind when he crosses midcourt whether he'll do it himself or pass off. He's pretty terrible at reading a play as it develops. If it weren't for his otherworldly athleticism, he'd be pretty average.

So yeah, they suck and it's mostly Russ's fault. There's a reason KD bailed and PG will this summer as well.

DonKnock, CCity Zero and s3ts like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Don't know. Just some random pic found by Google. :D

s3ts likes this.
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Sorry man, but I want them to fail miserably. That way OKC will have to trade someone away and we can nab another all-star for cheap with Darrel Moray at the helm, manipulating a 3-team or 4-team trade.

DonKnock and fryjol7 like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, exactly this, Thunder are awful and Westbrook is still trying to be "the guy", it's like in that 4th qtr/3ot game there were plays where George and even Melo to to an extent were almost clapping for the ball and Westbrook would drive down the lane and just make some awful plays, of course the media loved the 10/31 shots...

DonKnock likes this.
  9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

oh, don´t get me wrong. I want them to lose, just not so badly, and not before making the Warriors Work. I think they upset mentally GSW as no one else.

I don´t really know if Presti is going to trade with Morey again.

CCity Zero and s3ts like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I gotcha, you want them to have a long series vs GSW and tire em out in the first round. They did beat em, I guess their elite defense was key.

I think Presti is gonna trade when his 3 all-stars are not going to do anything into the post-season. I don't know many teams that would entertain deals w/ OKC in any case, he's going to get low-balled. If Moray can orchestrate a 3-team trade, I think Sam won't mind it that much.

Although, I guess you don't want to fix what works. Still hoping for a 3rd star, even if we seem to have one already.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I agree that he is a rather selfish player, but there have been plenty of selfish stars in the league that have still been able to win, especially on stacked teams. Even with his selfish play, you would think having George and Melo alone would make them a fairly decent team. It's not like they all play the same. It seemed, at least on paper, to be a better fit than Harden and CP3, in terms of position fits.

I'm disappointed I missed that OKC/Philly game, there were like 5 plays in the Top 10 from Friday night from that game. I'm loving me some Embiid.

photojoe likes this.
  12. photojoe

photojoe Member

Russ and George seemed to be a pretty decent fit. On paper.

But then we remember that Russ, at no point in his career, has ever made other players around him better. Ever.
    That's a bold statement, I know, but if anyone disagrees, can they point to one example of a player that played better as a result of being teamed up with Russ?

Adding Melo congests and clogs their offense up even more and makes the fit, even on paper, more confusing.

And Roberson, as good of a defender as he is, is basically useless on offense. A lot of times he looks scared to shoot the ball. That could be overlooked on some teams, but with how congested the Thunder offense already is with all of their iso-chucking, having a useless offensive player that allows defenders to step way off of him is killer.

s3ts and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I think we see similar things, just have different solutions. Yeah I think if/when GSW loses, its going to be the perfect storm. They need to have long series, they have to be affected by injuries, etc.

But yeah I agree, presti is going to face his reality soon, and he will have to deal or sink with his ship.

s3ts likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that Westbrook and George seem to be a decent fit on paper, maybe better than Harden and CP3 on paper, mainly because George could conceivably play off ball.

Melo and Westbrook would never work from the beginning. They are not only ball dominant, they are also selfish. By "selfish" I'm not just talking about play style. I'm talking about "me first" rather than "team first" mentality. The only other selfish duo that had success I can think of was the Kobe-Shaq team. But Westbrook and Melo are no Kobe and Shaq talent-wise. And they had Phil Jackson as coach. And even that talented duo eventually blew over because they were both "me first" kind of guy.

photojoe likes this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Mr. Kant Play Kanter. LOL

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Remlap

Remlap Member

Melo still backing down into the paint Barkley style.
    You know Westbrick can't wait to chuck up his own shots.
    PG stuck in the middle.

(I STILL loved the sound bite from last month
    REPORTER: So Paul (George), what did you get Russ for his birthday?
    PG: "I got him 27" (points))
    LOL

LOVE IT!!
    As soon as Melo caved and went to OKC, the sports pundits were picking them to rival GSW.
    But if Enes "Kant Play" Kanter says they are gonna be top of the NBA, then we'd better look out

17. macan

macan Member

drug is bad

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

_enis Kanter doesn’t know his @** from a hole in the wall.

That iso all the time with no passing will be a recipe for a first round exit.....if they make it into the playoffs.

19. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where is b****boi Anus Cancer?