1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Energy players/offensive rebounding

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Dec 15, 2019.

1. realonemo

realonemo Member

This is what the Rockets are missing badly. They got killed by Looney and Mckinney (mostly Looney) on the glass in the playoffs. We need what Harrell/Faried used to give us. Even this year when I watch the games, too many guys on other teams are just out hustling us. Being undersized is also part of it, but the lack of energy bench guys is concerning. Bring back Faried ?

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

interesting headline. We are the third best offensive rebounding team in the league

3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm with you that we could use help on rebounding. @kingkingston pointed out that we're 3rd in offensive rebounding, which is true, but we're also 20th in defensive rebounding, which is the problem. Capela is getting a lot of rebounds on his stat sheet, but I think we're clearing out to pad his numbers and it's resulting is less rebounds overall. I'm not a fan of Faried, never have been, I think he's a defensive liability and we don't need another bad defender on the team. I think we need more effort on box outs and another player (this has been brought up like 1000x by now) at the 3-4 spot who has length, can defend, and can shoot 3s. Our defensive rebounding has been a problem since last year, and continues to be a problem this year. Don't be fooled by the Capela numbers, our defensive rebounding as a team is not good.

ROXonROXonROX, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. Caprah

Caprah Member

Well you can’t midgets like house and tucker to help in that regard. I mean Russ is our second best rebounder for crying out loud

J Sizzle, Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Our problem is that we don't collectively block out enough, which is how players like Curry could always sneak in for an offensive board. This is not a high energy thing, it is a discipline/training thing.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You guys whined all last season about rebounding while I spent the whole time telling you rebounding will never matter as much as scoring or defending. Factually.

We're barely 15th defensively. Talking about rebounding while this is happening is like complaining about the plumbing in the Titanic as it goes down.