1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

End of School year 2018

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, May 24, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Last day with students today. My last testing class is finishing up their final exam as I type this. I'm glad this year is over. It's been a rocky road and I don't really care to be here. I'm not ready to think about the next school year yet, but at least it will be a fresh start. After this year, only three and a half years until I retire from education, although I did retire from coaching this year.

My son graduates from high school on June 10th. Despite everything we've gone through over the years, he has done well. He will be graduating top 5% of his class, his college is paid for thanks to a Texas Tomorrow fund that was set up when he was a year old, he's received a few scholarships, and he has been accepted into the Texas A&M school of engineering where he will attend in August.

Tomorrow is final checkout , so in case I don't get to check in, I wanted to wish you all a safe and Happy Summer.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Congrats to your son! (and you!)

[​IMG]

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Good for you, dude! Go catch some fish for me.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Congrats, sounds like everything is lining up perfectly for your son!

My wife's last day (of the current school year) is a week from today. Happy for her, but I'm going to miss having the whole house to myself when I work from home.....

Falcons Talon likes this.
  5. Falcons Talon

Hopefully I'll be on the bay Saturday if the winds stay down. I've got a busy summer ahead of me, but I'll always make time for fishing!

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Hell yes. NO MORE school zones!

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Congrats!

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I know my wife is beyond ready. She's had a terrible year. An awful class (2nd graders in rural Montgomery Cty) and a principal who literally didn't know who she was. He actually pulled her into his office about a month ago to berate her about her attitude and a bunch of stuff that was actually about another teacher. When she confronted him about it, he got defensive and has been a complete ass to her ever since. He continues to just be a dick. He did offer her a contract but it's to be in 1st grade. She's been trying to move to another school within Conroe ISD...but principals talk. We don't have proof that he's badmouthing her, but there are too many coincidences. She interviewed with a school who basically told her she had the job (didn't hurt that the principal there is an old friend of mine)...only to pull out with no reason a few days later. I'm not sure what she can do about it without any physical proof.

In any case, it'll just be good for her to have a break and refresh. I think she's going after her art teaching certification. She'll like that better but she'll have to survive another year with Principal Jackass.

9. Falcons Talon

It's possible that the current a-hole principal is not releasing her. Sorry to hear that she's going through that. Is she part of a professional organization, ATPE or TSTA or something. I'm not, but I know a call from an organizations lawyers do wonders for admistrators attitudes.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't believe she is. I know there's a rep she can talk to but that'll be the absolute last resort. She naturally doesn't want to ruffle any feathers, especially if she's going to be stuck there for at least 1 more year. Hopefully the jackass will forget all about this over the summer and she can start fresh in the (summer...CISD goes back super early this year) fall.

I don't understand why he wouldn't release her. He's basically made it clear he doesn't want her there. What purpose does that serve? It's made the last couple of weeks (with my mom and this) not very easy.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Congrats on not getting shot at work.

12. Falcons Talon

He may not have enough teachers to fill open slots, or he is just being a spiteful *******.
    We go back like the second August 10th I believe, but we get out two weeks earlier than surrounding districts.

Those organizations will protect her if she feels threatened by the district. It never hurts since I believe it also includes insurance. Just something to think about.

Hope things get better soon.