1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Empty the Bench] Chase has arrived

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://www.emptythebench.com/2009/12/15/chase-budinger-houston-rockets-rookie/

Nice to see someone give Chase some props when all the national media want to talk about is Tracy. :)

2. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

I like the props to Chase, but it was really petty to have to tear Tracy around in the same article. Chase can have a great night without having to **** all over Tracy.

Too bad some "fans" don't like ALL the players as well as our players all like each other.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Chase was a great insurance policy pick. Couldn't have worked out better.

Ariza / Battier wasn't/isn't working well in terms of what the team needs to do on offense, defensively great... The starting 5 needs Chase, he provided the starters with a much needed offensive threat, unlike Ariza who gets the ball and proceeds to either jack up a shot uglier than Popeye Jones or dribble (if he can manage to find the handle) into the teeth of the defense and hopelessly get off an impossible shot.

4. pentajigga

pentajigga Member

Love Chase, but funny how this guy calls him a "plus player" when he was the only starter with a negative +/-

5. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Just looked up Budingers' stats and found this:

When Chase scores in double-figures the Rockets are 11-1. :)

<br>

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That was a great play, simply great. A rookie and a 3rd yr point guard. The pass was almost from midcourt, perfect timing, perfect positioning, perfect throwdown. Chase has bball iq to go along with outstanding athleticism and a great bball skillset. He should be starting right now.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt about it.

DD

8. BBstanley

BBstanley Member

good game for his first start of the season,too bad ariza is coming back from the one game suspension,so i guess budinger will have to go back to bench,but he's still a great and productive player even when coming off the bench,had been producing 10+ points games consistenly recently

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

"surprising athleticism" ?

Only if you never followed college basketball and the draft, or you automatically assume white players to be strictly stiff spot up shooters :rolleyes:

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was impressed. I expected some jitters, but he played like he's been starting for years. McGrady's got to show a lot more if he wants to take minutes away from Budinger.

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I jumped off the couch when that oop went down, just an awesome play.

12. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

i have been his fan since i watched him playing pre-season ;) ;)

Check my sig :grin: :grin:

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Well I think it's pretty much assured he will be playing in the Rookie Soph game... he may be our only representative at All star weekend!

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Chase was -1 for the game but he is +2.9 for the season which is 2nd best on the Rockets.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910HOU.HTM

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

First, what are you talking about? There wasn't a single negative thing said about McGrady in this article unless you consider acknowledging that with the additions of Ariza and Budinger he's become expendable to be negative. That isn't negative. That's just true.

Second, this wasn't written by a Rockets fan. He has no reason to like all of our players.

Finally, I've been a die hard Rockets fan for 25 years. I can't remember a single team in which there wasn't somebody on the roster the fans weren't happy with. It's just the nature of things. It always happens. If we trade McGrady, they'll likely turn even more on Ariza.

Incidentally, I stuck by McGrady all the way up until last year in the playoffs. I tried to defend him through the surgery debacle. But when he was asked who he thought would win between the Lakers and the Rockets and he said the Lakers? I just can't defend that. You support your team mates. Even if you see no way they can win, you support them by saying you believe in them.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol i was hoping this would be an article that got away from the Macdrama. I was wrong. This was as much about Chase as it was about not needing T-Mac. I mean he say's the night shouldn't be remembered about T-Mac but continues to mention him throughout the article. Yeah, nice way to give Chase some shine by filtering it with more Macdrama.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And I should have also said - thanks for posting that article. It was a fun read. I was really disappointed when I read the ESPN write up last night's game and all they talked about was McGrady. There was no mention of how fantastic either Budinger or Brooks were.

18. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

That's why they call him "smooth jazz". :)

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Didn't get to see the game, but I have predicted for a long time (before the season) that C-Bud was going to be special. On occasion, his shooting has been off, but as time goes on his excellent skill set will become more and more obvious. He apparently needs more shots to get going, but, oh baby, he can do so many things well. Is he a budding star like Landry? Maybe.

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

T-Mac is +73.1. He's back to superstar form already.