1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Not sure you understand how subscriptions work...

JayZ750 likes this.
  2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You're basically complaining about a made-for-TV movie.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Again, you have zero idea how Premium Subscriptions work. We ARE paying for this. That's why they deduct money from my account every month.

I'm not sure how much easier I can explain that.

Here's wiki's definition. Enjoy the knowledge, champ.

Subscriptions[edit]
    Rather than selling products individually, a subscription offers periodic (monthly, yearly, or seasonal) use or access to a product or service, or, in the case of performance-oriented organizations such as opera companies, tickets to the entire run of some set number of (eg., five to fifteen) scheduled performances for an entire season. Thus, a one-time sale of a product can become a recurring sale and can build brand loyalty.

Membership fees to some types of organizations, such as trade unions, are also known as subscriptions. Industries that use this model include mail order book sales clubs and music sales clubs, private webmail providers, cable television, satellite television providers with pay television channels, satellite radio, telephone companies, mobile network operators, internet providers, software publishers, websites (e.g., blogging websites), business solutions providers, financial services firms, health clubs, lawn mowing and snowplowing services, and pharmaceuticals, as well as the traditional newspapers, magazines, and academic journals.

Renewal of a subscription may be periodic and activated automatically so that the cost of a new period is automatically paid for by a pre-authorized charge to a credit card or a checking account. A common variation of the model in online games and on websites is the freemium model, in which a first tier of content is free, but access to premium features (for example, game power-ups or article archives) is limited to paying subscribers.

5. Duncan McDonuts

I'm well aware of how subscriptions work. But you're likely paying for Netflix regardless if this movie was made or not. Its production budget also pales in comparison to all the other content on Netflix. Getting upset financially about this is like getting upset that your cable bill pays for Lifetime movies.

peleincubus likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yeah... No. Netflix is just like paying for HBO. I'm paying a Premium for content and have every right to judge whether what I'm getting is worth it. For example, I terminated Hulu because I didn't feel the content was worth the price.

It really is troubling that you don't understand. Education level?

7. Duncan McDonuts

By all means, cancel Netflix if you're upset about that nickel you personally paid towards this movie's budget.

Rox11 likes this.
  8. Roscoe Arbuckle

ah, so you're now admitting it isn't free. Now you're grasping at how much we pay...

Know when you've lost the argument and walk away, son. I feel dumber having to explain this to you.

9. Duncan McDonuts

5 cents is basically nothing. I feel bad that a nickel is such a financial hardship for you that I'll give it to you. Do you have Zelle?

Falcons Talon and jacoby like this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

You're an idiot. Feel free to pay for my Netflix subscription if you'd like, as you have no idea about money.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Man.... you seem like a complete d*ck

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm right. There is a difference. I've also met plenty of people on here who didn't feel that way. You?

13. Duncan McDonuts

He is, but that's what makes him entertaining on this forum. I hope he never changes. I'm still waiting on your Zelle to send you that nickel, Fatty.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

El Camino: A Bad movie is what they should've called it. Was this even a movie?

da_juice likes this.
  15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Rewatched it as I showed it to my friend for the first time. It actually grew on me more the second time.

I believe this movie was more so done because we all miss the BB world, rather then for story...and I’m okay with that

da_juice and arkoe like this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ill watch it eventually, but im in no hurry. BB had one of the greatest, if not greatest ending in tv history. im totally good with the way it closed out so i dont feel like i need to see what happened after that.

plus, i read that the reason there was no better call saul was b/c they were working on this movie. that alone makes me not like the movie. i need more saul!

17. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Not sure what @Duncan McDonuts was thinking here. I'm sure there are plenty of people who subscribed to Netflix specifically for this "movie".

Just saying the quality of the work was far inferior to Vince Gilligan's work on Breaking Bad.

It's like he wrote the script to this "movie" while he was sitting on the toilet with a bout of diarrhea - it was that awful.

da_juice likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Damn bro, still mooching off your parent's Netflix?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Highly doubtful. But you get a free month for signing up to Netflix, so anyone who wanted this specific movie would've had it free.
    They actually mooch off mine, but nice try. Do you need a nickel?

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I liked it mostly, though it didn't really feel like a movie at all.