1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eight Hours, seven minutes, four inches and seventy-seven years old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. cml750

cml750 Member

They must have had to turn up the A/C with all of that extra hot air in the chamber.

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much golfing will she have to do to recover?

Rocket River

arkoe and Severe Rockets Fan like this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i could do that with free, non-prescription, prescription pills, that she be poppin.

6. conquistador#11

Who would you have sex with, 72yr old trump or 77 yr old Pelosi or both? it's the offseason don't judje!

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, this is a silly thread, and I know the political position is to dislike Pelosi including her looks, but IMO opinion she is a relatively attractive woman and was pretty when she was younger.

[​IMG]

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pelosi has now set the record for the most time wasted in one sitting. She's clearly the Queen of wasting time in the House and hopefully no one will challenge her for the title so that things can actually get accomplished in the House of Representatives.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Did anyone else think the thread title was headed in a different direction?

On topic: I thought the stunt was a little dumb. Overwhelmingly, I think Americans welcomed a bipartisan, adult agreement on budgeting. Let the "freedums! caucus" be the ones complaining about the bipartisan deal.

And keep pushing for immigration reform where it belongs: in an immigration bill. That's my two cents. We have to end the cycle of holding up the basic functioning of government by one specific issue at a time.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agree that the budget negotiation between the two parties (and party leadership) was most important.

That said, filibusters have a long an interesting history in the Senate and House. I am guessing she and more progressive members of the Democratic caucus thought it important to support DACA. Hopefully the issue will be addressed soon.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's fine. But Democrats are going to lose badly on an immigration bill. Without blackmailing Republicans with the potential of a shut down, they have no leverage to get anything. They'll get some status normalization for DACA and will have to give up money for the wall, changes to legal immigration, and who knows what else. And there will still be 10 million people living, working, and hiding from ICE in this country with no solution in sight.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the current deal offers the DACA people a path to citizenship and not just "some legal status normalization", so that's quite a win and all it would cost is some common sense immigration reform and a bit of money for a campaign promise.

As to the 10 million illegals, the solution is for them to leave and with a secure border, it won't be easy for them to return. Over time the problem takes care of itself.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear that, and I think it's a "good fight." It's just not a good fight in this country, at this time, if the party cares about the midterms. If they have decent midterm elections, suddenly their leverage skyrockets from desperate games of budget chicken.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I don't agree with Nancy Pelosi on every issue.

However, all those that are making fun of her appearance should look in the mirror and ask how they will look at 80.

It is pretty impressive that she was able to go over 8 hours at her age.

edwardc, B-Bob, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. She has also lied through her teeth on numerous issues and isn't my ideal politician. Yet, I think making fun of someone's appearance might be amusing if it isn't mean-spirited. Agree or disagree with her politics that's pretty impressive for her to pull that off at her age.

edwardc likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think if she was doing something serious rather than making an ass out of herself then less people would make fun of her for it.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I will agree it was an impressive display of stamina although learning that her grandson wants to be brown skinned was odd.

18. dmoneybangbang

No the bolded is merely a wish, not a solution. Rounding up, detaining, and deporting 10 million illegals would be monumentally costly economically, politically, and socially. What happens when 1 out 100 or 1 out 50 or 1 out 10 say "make me leave"?

19. Buck Turgidson

Some thoughts and spitballing from notorious liberal fake news rag Fortune Magazine:

Here’s What’ll Happen to the Economy if We Deport Undocumented Immigrants

http://fortune.com/2017/09/08/trump-undocumented-immigrants-daca/

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Black Mirror says when I'm 80, my consciousness will be downloaded onto the internet and have lesbian romances with other digital avatars.