1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Jones wants to leave Charlotte.....hmm..what is we.............

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shandon40, May 3, 2000.

1. Shandon40

Shandon40 Member

He said that he wants to go to a place where championship rings determine him. And money isn't a factor..so I say we trade Mobley,Drew,Massenburg,plus a draftpick(not our lottery pick)to Charlotte for Jones,and maybe a extra player. Also, move Shandon to the 3-spot, so our starting lineup would look like this....

Point Guard--Stevie Franchise
    Shooting Guard--Eddie Jones
    Small Forward--Shandon Anderson
    Power Forward--Kenny Thomas
    Center--Kelvin Cato(hopefully he will develope an inside game)

------------------

2. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Who's gonna come off the bench? and do you really want to play Shandon at the 3? He's definitely a better 2.

Why don't we keep Mobley? I like Eddie's game, but I want to keep Mobley and see how he develops. I've stated it before, but Stevie and him have a bond. Of course, for him to be 'sign-and-traded' he has to have consented to it, which means the Rockets aren't the reason Cat would be gone.

It's good to unload Drew, but I have a feeling we should keep Cat as the first guard off the bench, he's got some vital tools we can use.

Elie17

------------------

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

you can't include Mobley in a package for Jones because both are free agents and you can't have two in the same deal.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Why dont we use the 4.5 and Cat in a sign and trade that locks up eddie for 5 years. Him and Francis would kick some butt together.

------------------
    7 years 42 million mistakes.

5. MManal

MManal Member

From the way I understand the cap rules, two FAs cannot be signed and traded in the same deal. Thus with Jones and Mobley both being FAs this deal would not work.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

6. MManal

MManal Member

woops, sorry for the repeat, just saw outlaw's post.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

7. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

Mobley won't be used in a sign-and-trade anyway. Mobley's only reason for leaving is because we can't give him much money, so why would he take the little money we can offer and still not even stay in Houston? The only way we do a sign-and-trade with Mobley is if he desperately wants to play for another team that has no caproom, but from my understanding Houston is his first choice if $$$$ weren't a factor.

------------------

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think the best thing about the improved chances of Jones' departure from Charlotte is that it makes Mobley's staying here all the more likely. Chicago seems to be just about our only competition for Mobley, and they're high on Jones. Jones goes to Chicago, and I see Mobley staying here. Orlando, the other big money player, already has Mercer. Then when you consider the other pretty high quality SG talent that won't be terribly expensive out there as FAs (Derek Anderson, Isiah Rider, Abdul Wahad) and the draft (Courtney Alexander, Quentin Richardson), it just seems like Mobley will be back here. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by oakdogg (edited May 04, 2000).]

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now to play a little devil's advocate.....The Bulls and Magic are talked about for their cap space, but we forget about the Clippers. The Clippers, if I'm not mistaken are pretty well under the cap. What if Odom convinces to bring Mobley, his close friend, into LA? The Clippers do have a spot for him in the departure of DA.......

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

10. outlaw

outlaw Member

uh, i doubt Odom will even be there after 2003 unless Sterling sells the team to someone who will pay their players.