1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Jones and the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rezdawg, Apr 9, 2000.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What is all this talk with Eddie Jones? We are not going to get him. For one thing, he is too expensive for us. He can get the maximum from many teams, and we are not one of them. Even if we were, the only thing that would happen is a sign and trade. They would want at least mobley and 2 others. Pick the other two: Steve Francis, Shandon Anderson, Carlos Rogers, Kenny Thomas, and Walt Williams. They would not want bryce, moochie, or cato. So, is it really worth tearing up the team for a position that we are already solid in? I dont think so. Instead, getting a power forward/center would be much more useful to us.

------------------

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Firstly, I completely agree.

2ndly, instead of making a new thread for this subject, you should have just posted it in that ToleDoss 2000-2001 thread. Would have run a lot smoother.
    3rdly
    Anyone who thinks the Rocks are gonna land Jones, Duncan, or Hill are dreaming or really really love silly hypothetical talk.

Well if this happens and if this happens, and if that happens maybe we can get Hill, well blah blah blah.

Yeah, when Pig flies.

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

3. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Yeah, when Pig flies

Remember the Simpsons's episode? [​IMG]

------------------
    Check out the best source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

CriscoKidd,

I'm not going to say that I'm 100% confident that we'll get an impact player, but I think the Rocket's (especially under Les Alexander) past offseason and inseason moves speak for themselves. (Drexler, Barkley, Willis, Pippen, Shandon, & Francis) I too am a little uncertain, but after looking at that list it boosts my confidence in what we can do.

Now, you seem to be saying that this won't happen.

First - Why not?
    Second - What will you do if it does?

Oh, I do agree with you that rezdawg shouldn't have started a whole new thread just to argue against getting Jones. It's been discussed in many other threads.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited April 09, 2000).]

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

First of all, if i did not make it a new thread, it would not have recieved any attention. By making a new thread for it, people will see it and respond to it. I was just trying to make it clear that it will be very difficult to get a superstar.

------------------

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

rf34,
    I remember that i saw the episode, but for the life of me I cant remember the joke!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!! Somebody - help!!!

rezDawg,
    I understand what you are talking about. But I dont think people who posted in the Toledoss thread are gonna respond to this thread. They will just ignore it and continue to dream in that thread or in later ones. It would be nice if you cut them off, open their eyes, in their own thread. I was going to type something similar, but I saw your post, and it just stated what I thought so concisely. Ah, well.

DREAMer,
    I think the Rockets will get someone, but im not sure who. I do know the Rockets have almost no shot at getting Hill, Duncan, McGrady, Jones, Brian Grant, or any other big money FA. I mean there is a slim chance, but its really just wishful thinking.

What I expect the Rocks to do is draft someone that is not a bust, hopefully a star that they can groom. And I expect them to use that 4.5 million exception to trade for someone solid. Not a star, but someone solid, hopefully a big man. I dont want them to use all that money if they dont have to though, because ...

I also expect the Rockets to sign someone big in 2001, with all the cap room they will have.

What will I do if it they did land a big money FA this offseason? I would get angry leave the BBS forever, due to humiliation.
    um, no. I would be as happy as anyone else here. I would jump for joy and start numerous threads about how the Rocks lineup kicks but and how they are championship bound and join a whole bunch of bandwagoner threads.

What else would I do? [​IMG]

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Crisco,

It was the episode where Lisa became a veggitarian. Homer was throwing a BBQ, and Lisa stole the pig. Bart and Homer were running after it.

"It's just a little dirty, it's just a little dirty"

"It's just a little wet, it's just a little wet"

"It's just a little airborne, it's just a little airborne"

At that moment, Burns was looking out the window and told Smithers that he wanted to donate a large sum of money to some charity. "Really sir" "Yes, when Pigs fly".

At that moment, the pig flew by the window. Smithers asked if he should write that check now. "Umm...no"

There, in a nutshell. Am I the only one who can relate every significant moment in my life to a Simpsons or Seinfeld episode?

Oh, BTW, I think there's an outside shot at landing a huge free agent. I guess last year spoiled me with the whole Francis thing.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only NBA (sorry for any confusion regarding my earlier signature, I do realize that the Braves and Stars are both mentioned in the national anthem) team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

8. Dickerson

Dickerson Member

you´re not the only one buddie!!!!

SEINFELD and the simpsons are soooo cool....

but, i think neither jerry and his friends, nor the simpsons have anything to do with houston (except houston renames the astros into "isotopes"), so let´s go back to the springfield uhm...HOUSTON ROCKETS!!!

------------------
    bring dickie back!!!!!