1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That's awesome! Dishman was my favorite player when he was with the Oilers. Loved that guy.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Lol this is hilarious. Why was asidd banned? Also, was he one of the yao stalkers?

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Asidd, Cmon Man!

4. Pete the Cheat

did this guy eventually rebrand himself as Ascaptnjack? has a similar posting style to Anxiety Trooper?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

HAI, GUISE...

So what's the sitch? :confused:

SRSLY, I don't know.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My second cousin who does landscaping at Reliant said he saw Ed Reed helping take apart the Carnival rides.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is how I feel about this whole situation now:

[​IMG]

That ASidd clown ruined Christmas.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL

LOL

Rocket River
    You guys are a riot

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Ed Reed can cover so well, he is everywhere.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Any black man with a beard = Ed Reed sighting.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So Ed Reed has been playing shooting guard for the Rockets this whole time...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, he was also ascaptjack. Not sure if he's Anxiety Trooper. I think he's been gone for good but I could be wrong.

He did this same trolling on twitter to Orlando Magic fans during Dwightmare. "I have sources.", "My sources say Dwight is coming to Houston.", blah blah blah."

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Interesting… What was the criteria? Baltimore’s defense was not very good this year. I wonder how much was a product of their decline/injuries and how much is due to Reed simply not being very effective?

I feel better about the Quin deal, though. Teams get in trouble overpaying for the 40th best safety in football – that puts him below average (if you assume 64 starting safeties) and not worth $6MM/year.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

Frederick Douglass FTW!

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Good question. I don't know what the criteria was. It was referenced in the article that Harvey wrote over the weekend.

Right on Quin, with the only potential counter-argument being that there might still be room for improvement with Quin...hard to imagine Reed getting better at 35 than he's been before.

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You know I'm not an intangiables guy, and I LOATHE to mention the "L" word... but the Texans, who are still a pretty young team defensively, looked rudderless in two blow-outs to the Pats. I think they could use an experienced vet, with rings on the wall, on the field. That, and the guy is a playmaker (which Quin is not), something the Texans lacked - on both sides of the ball - as the season wore on. Imagine Reliant after Reed's first INT....

He's 27? I think Quin is what is probably is - a serviceable starting NFL player. You don't win or lose because of him.

I respect that the Texans were hardline with these guys. I think they're all nice players for the right price.

17. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Can someone post Ed Reed's last Twitter.. Im at work cant post it...

Do you think hes taking a shot at the Ravens for not signing him before free agency...

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Free agency it's a process that I never thought I will be get to but here we are!free</p>&mdash; Ed Reed (@TwentyER) <a href="https://twitter.com/TwentyER/status/313723105526812672">March 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ravens, Reed should move on

PHOENIX -- Ed Reed should wake up. He should look at the offer the Houston Texans have put on the table and realize the Baltimore Ravens aren't going to make him a better one. The Ravens aren't going to pay him between $10 million and $11 million overall for two years, no matter how loyal Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome is to his guys. Those are the numbers Houston is offering, given what a source told ESPN's John Clayton.

If Reed wants to take money out of the equation and finish his career where it started 11 years ago, albeit at a deep discount, then that's one thing. If Reed wants to make a money grab -- and at this stage of his career, with this likely being his last contract, no one would blame him if he did -- then he should take Houston's offer, because he isn't going to get a better one, especially from Baltimore.

As one AFC source said, if a team isn't smart with its money and its contracts, and if it lets emotion into the negotiations, "then you become the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.